Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bowling for Soup Part Ways With Bassist

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Bowling for Soup have parted ways with their bassist, Erik Chandler.

Erik has recently come to the decision, for personal reasons, that touring and being in a band full time has become too much for him. Together, Erik and the band have decided to part ways. This split is on good terms. We will always be Erik’s biggest fan and brother, and support him in his decisions and future endeavors. We also hope that our fans will support him and respect his decision and privacy in all of this as he enters the next chapter in his personal and professional life.

2. tomtom94

Trusted

This is pretty sad, think they had the same line-up for almost 25 years.

3. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Pretty stoked for Rob from Patent Pending

jorbjorb likes this.
  4. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

ramomcferno likes this.
  5. Raku

Regular

This is one of the first few bands I ever got into when I started getting into music, and this was the line-up that lasted most of the band's life. I also liked how Erik's voice would complement Jaret's voice in their songs.

I'm not a fan of this news at all.

6. davxdcampbell

Just looked up some of their new live stuff and man, what happened to Jaret?

Raku likes this.
  7. Colby Searcy

All the beer catching up to him?

SaveTheEarth and Raku like this.
  8. DannyZach

Trusted

Iam not surprise with anything since what happened to Tim Pagnotta from Sugarcult hahah

SaveTheEarth likes this.
  9. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

I knew he had been gaining some weight over the years, but after this comment I looked up a 2018 show and man, he just looks so unhealthy.

Also, on topic, it seems very backhanded for them to say that "being in a band full time has become too much for him". Seems they could have phrased that in a less negative way if they really are parting on such good terms.

Raku likes this.
  10. tomtom94

Trusted

I think it may or may not be diabetes-related, but he hasn't looked healthy for a while.

Raku likes this.
  11. TedSchmosby

Trusted

He’s done a lot of interviews talking about how he started suffering from severe depression and anxiety a few years ago

12. Colby Searcy

Wonder if Chuck E. Cheese has anything to do with any of these things?

13. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Maybe he's getting paid in pizza

14. Alex DiVincenzo

BrokeHorrorFan.com

CyberInferno likes this.
  15. ihaveblink

Regular

whoa. I would never recognize him. I don't think he looks bad, just completely different. looks like a dad.

Raku likes this.