Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Maroon 5 Biggest Act on US Radio in 2018

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Maroon 5 were the biggest act on the radio in 2018:

The band finished 2018 as the biggest act on U.S. radio airwaves, according to Nielsen Music. The group’s catalog of songs collected 8.58 billion audience impressions across all monitored radio stations, from 1.95 million plays of their tunes.

Drake was the second most-heard act on the radio last year, with 8.15 billion in audience impressions, while Imagine Dragons (7.18 billion), Post Malone (7.14 billion) and Ed Sheeran (7.08 billion) rounded out the top five biggest radio acts of 2018.

2. Woohoo!

Regular

I had this thought the other day: The Wheels on the Bus is catchy but that doesn't make it good. Adam Levine sings some catchy lines in wacky ways and it gets stuck in your head but it all just sucks.

supernovagirl likes this.
  3. DandonTRJ

~~~ヾ(^∇^ Supporter

Maroon 5 is the Baby Shark of pop music.

supernovagirl, Davjs, jlinitz and 3 others like this.
  4. AMC

Regular

I had no idea they were that big. But I guess I never listened to regular radio. So I'm out of the mainstream loop

Davjs likes this.
  5. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Thats their lone good record. Thats it.

6. zachmacD

Trusted

nope. I don't love their newer stuff but their first 3 albums are great

7. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Figured this band had to still be going strong since they’ll be playing the Super Bowl, but I’m so out of the loop that I have no idea what they’ve done since “Moves Like Jagger”. Pretty neat how they’ve been able to roll with the times.

8. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

They've been huge on the radio since "This Love".

slickdtc likes this.
  9. heymattrick

Sending my love

What in the hell? I can't even recall any Maroon 5 songs that were huge in 2018. I don't really remember much at all since V, and the most recent song I have by them is "Don't Wanna Know" with Kendrick Lamar, and that is from 2016.

Mr. Serotonin and beachdude like this.
  10. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Yep. It's wild how neatly their career can be divided into pre-Moves Like Jagger (good to fantastic) and post-Moves Like Jagger (garbage).

Merve and heymattrick like this.
  11. beachdude

Unfortunately the newest album was pretty big too lol. Still dreaming of the day they realize they're so much better than the music they've been releasing since 2011, but realistically that'll only happen if their stuff starts flopping... so I won't hold my breath.

12. heymattrick

Sending my love

I was just at dinner with a friend, and of all songs to start playing at the restaurant, I Don't Wanna Know started playing. So weird considering I had just mentioned that in a comment. We discussed this and he said "They had one big song last year, let me look it up. Oh, it was that song with Cardi B". And then I said I didn't want to talk about it anymore.

slickdtc and beachdude like this.
  13. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Second record isn’t bad, it’s a little uneven but not bad.

14. summertimejesus

Birds and Guitar

I can't stand Adam's voice--he's always sounded like a drowning clown to me.

15. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

The past decade or so of Maroon 5 is not my thing at all, but “Maps” was a bop and I won’t accept any other answer

Lucas27 likes this.
  16. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

They're the cockroaches of music. No-one wants them around and the pop landscape has changed so much that by all rights, they should be gone. But here they are, surviving hard and leeching off other artists credibility like the scavenging insects they are...

17. zachmacD

Trusted

Lots of negativity in this thread. They’ve got some good songs and honestly I prefer their newer stuff to some of the other stuff on pop radio. My girlfriend and I will throw on our maroon 5 playlist anytime we get tired of everything else

18. Lucas27

Trusted

I can’t stand Maroon 5 outside a few songs off Songs About Jane but “Maps” is just too catchy to resist when it comes on the radio.

whitenblue88 likes this.
  19. slickdtc

Regular Supporter

I was kind of expecting Chorus to be happy that a band was #1, ha. Although I just figured any time I’ve heard Adam Levine in the last 5 years it was a feature or solo stuff.

Soft spot for the OG album here too, and once you accept that was SEVENTEEN (17) years ago, and they’re still killing the radio, they’ve done something right.

Essie and zachmacD like this.
  20. beachdude

You mean “Locked Out of Heaven” without the charm?

21. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

V is still the worst album I’ve heard this decade. Panning that piece of shit is one of my favorite memories of the Absolutepunk days.

22. jorbjorb

7 rings

Not surprised. Band is amazing.

23. Mr. Serotonin Jan 15, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 15, 2019)
    Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

24. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

I remember buying Songs About Jane in July of 2002 at Tower Records because it was discounted and thinking they were a neat little band. Could not imgaine they would playing the super bowl halftime show 16+ years later.

25. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

ah, this post helped me make the connection of who you are on facebook

beachdude likes this.