Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kanye West Pulled Out of Coachella Because the Festival Wouldn’t Build Him a Giant Dome

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

David Brooks, writing at Billboard:

When senior executives from Coachella parent Goldenvoice explained that the dome would be impossible to build in four months and would require the AEG-owned concert promoter to rearrange the entire festival site and remove a large section of portable bathrooms, West became irritated, declaring that he was an artist with a creative vision who shouldn’t be spending his time talking about port-a-potties.

2. currytheword

Trusted

He's become such an insufferable human being. Dude, having a giant dome erected for you and only you for a festival of thousands of people and so many performers right before it happens is not plausible. Regardless of your "vision." Also, how creatively apt are you if your "vision" can be faulted and undone over a structure disagreement? Come back to Earth now Kanye.

3. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I really don't like Kayne. His attitude toward everything is ludicrous.

4. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

a huge dome in an already huge festival is a logistic nightmare. accessibility, safety, permits etc. i just have a headache thinking about it. especially with a 4mo turnaround, there's absolutely no way. what an idiot.

and clean porta potties are a necessity at a festival, i'd be so pissed if they removed a chunk of them

K0ta and Vase Full Of Rocks like this.
  5. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

I don't care how good his music is, the guy is nonsensical and insufferable in almost every arena outside of it. Why do people still support him again??

6. Arry

CaUse U GoTtA SepArate ThE ArTisT FrOm ThE MuSiC

he literally just defended R Kelly this past Sunday and of course Kim once again has to defend him saying his quote was 'taken out of context' like all his stupid ass problematic quotes, i don't get it

7. currytheword

Trusted

They're living in a bubble, and that family just blows smoke up each others asses on a daily basis so they believe they're on their own planet I believe. As if we're all dumbasses dying to gain the knowledge and understanding they have in this world.

[​IMG]

Arry likes this.
  8. transrebel59

Regular

I get where you're coming from but this really isn't new. Daft Punk's Coachella production in 2006 pretty much stopped any artist on that stage that day from having any sort of live production and Coachella was fine with it.

9. K0ta

I didn't even see that he had defended him; it shouldn't be surprising but what else can you expect from the guy who wants to abolish the 13th amendment? :chin:

Arry likes this.
  10. currytheword

Trusted

Yeah, but Daft Punk is actually a performance in which their stage show is 50% of the act, and the other 50% music. For one, I would imagine since 2006 that Coachella have learned from that, became insanely larger, and probably why they don't want to go that route again. I would also think they made offers to try and suffice his demands and he was a stubborn child about it without trying to negotiate. The quote included here doesn't help at all.

I would guess the production for Daft was also planned, not something Daft Punk demanded 4 months before the fest unplanned.

11. Arry

probably had the proper planning to put it in production. plus it was daft punk's first US performance since 1997.

currytheword likes this.
  12. Arry

wow, i kinda forgot about that.. he really is like trump, as in he's said so many fucking weird things its hard to keep track.

K0ta and currytheword like this.
  13. currytheword

Trusted

I know he's loathed by many on here, but Joe Rogan called this Kanye West coming in the future in one of his stand up specials when he started dating Kim.

14. K0ta

I don't really care what Joe Rogan has to say about anything, but to imply that Kim would be the reason that Kanye went absolutely batshit sounds like a veiled sexist statement. I've got no love for her and she enables the mess that Kanye is but ultimately the mess of his life is his own.

15. MightyBrian

This is where I am suppose to write something cool Prestigious

didn't the last time he played coachella he didn't go on until like 2am because he said it wasn't dark enough yet?

16. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

#firstworldproblems

17. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Celebrity is a strange disease.

supernovagirl and K0ta like this.
  18. bloodinthesand

Regular

So over his ego bullshit

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  19. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

Anyone pulling out of and leaving Coachella is good. It may not be for the reasons I'd like but I'm glad to see Kanye doing this. Fuck Coachella and fuck it's awful right-wing fundamentalist owner(s).

20. currytheword

Trusted

Nah, that’s not what was happening. It’s about that family and how they are. Nothing to do with sex. The reason why I started my post off with the knowledge of hate for him on here was because I was fully expecting, and trying to curb, a response like this.

21. K0ta

I'm not sure how prefacing a shitty Joe Rogan take is supposed to then act as an immunity against criticism of the shitty Joe Rogan take.

supernovagirl likes this.
  22. Hazelnutsack

Irregular

Holy fuck lmao

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  23. Hazelnutsack

Irregular

“No dome? Ok then see ya...”

24. russvanderhoof

pizza.~

Punk rock.~

25. shogunTORTOISE