Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Balance & Composure Announce Final Tour

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Balance & Composure have announced their final tour.

[​IMG]

When we played our ten year anniversary shows in January of last year, we had no intentions of them being our final shows. Due to some internal and personal discussions, we were unable to decide our fate as a band at the time. We all needed to take some time to live our lives and step back for a minute. We got together a few months ago and realized we wanted more. We never envisioned an ending to what we had built together, let alone an abrupt one. Now that it is upon us, we want to go out on our terms. We are happy to announce that we will be playing 6 shows this spring to say goodbye. These shows are all we have planned in our future and we would love if you joined us one last time.

sayitaintjoe likes this.
  2. sayitaintjoe

Will be at the Boston date for sure. So glad they are doing this.

3. GageStillAlive

Still Alive Supply Co. Supporter

Thought they were coming back when I saw the announcement and was sadly disappointed haha

CMilliken likes this.
  4. currytheword

Trusted

As I read down the statement on instagram, I thought the same thing until the last few sentences. Stomach sank a bit :-/

GageStillAlive and CMilliken like this.
  5. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

I definitely thought they were going to say they were coming back, but I'm glad they can at least go out on some better terms. I'll be at the Brooklyn date if I can grab tickets!

6. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Was hoping for a new album/tour... but hey, Fillmore in Philly is a nice way to go.

Also, mewithoutyou, if you're reading this, please for the love of God open for them

j0hnnyrt likes this.
  7. currytheword

Trusted

They are for the CO date. I would imagine if they were also going to be booked for the final show they'd of listed it.

coleslawed likes this.
  8. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

True, they're from Philly though and it just says "special guests." Gives me hope that maybe mewithoutyou is still working through their spring schedule

9. currytheword

Trusted

Would be amazing. I am thinking maaaaaaybe Circa would play since their close bands and live in the same town.

10. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Yep and balance opened for Circa not too long ago. That would be ideal scenario #2 for me. Either way, excited to see balance go out in style

currytheword likes this.
  11. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

It’s highly unlikely but it would cool if Title Fight opened.

currytheword and latortuga like this.
  12. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

Fillmore’s site has mwy and cursive

Attached Files:

13. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

I wish they could just do a Separation/The Things We Think We're Missing tour as the end. I know we don't need to have this argument but Light We Made is a sad, pathetic final note in their legacy.

14. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

Yeah do they even exist anymore? At this point I kind of hate myself for getting waaay too fucked up to go see them the last time they came to Australia because it seems like they're functionally dead....

15. atlas

Trusted

Light We Made is actually very good and I hope they play a lot of it, especially if it makes you upset

coleslawed likes this.
  16. currytheword

Trusted

I didn’t think Light We Made was bad by any means, just not what I love BalCo for nor do I felt it came across as a full band effort.

As for Title Fight, I’m not so sure that BalCo and them are that close. They both blew up and gained traction on similar timelines, but totally different music scenes and I lived outside of Doylestown for some time. Never saw/heard of Title Fight ever playing much or being around that area. Wilkes-Barre and Doylestown are pretty far apart.

17. sayitaintjoe

i love that record minus for a walk

18. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

Boo. Go back to the basement!