Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Travis Scott and Big Boi Added to Super Bowl Halftime Show

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Travis Scott and Big Boi have been confirmed to perform at the Super Bowl with Maroon 5. Travis Scott only agreed to perform if a donation would be made to Dream Corps:

“I back anyone who takes a stand for what they believe in. I know being an artist that it’s in my power to inspire. So before confirming the Super Bowl Halftime performance, I made sure to partner with the NFL on this important donation,” he said in a statement. “I am proud to support Dream Corps and the work they do that will hopefully inspire and promote change.”

[​IMG] It’s official: @maroon5 will take center stage at @SuperBowl LIII! They will be joined by @trvisXX and @BigBoi. #SBLIII [​IMG][​IMG]pic.twitter.com/ApLrxzgWP4

— NFL (@NFL) January 13, 2019

2. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Big Boi! If only Andre 3000 would join him and we could have Outkast completely replace Maroon 5.

3. currytheword

Trusted

Can't even imagine that football fans enjoy Maroon 5.

4. BradBradley

Regular

I don’t think the NFL or, more importantly to this equation, the sponsors buying ads really care if the average NFL fan likes Maroon 5 or not. Those fans are already tuning in regardless. Wasn’t there just an article posted today that Maroon 5 was the most played artist on the radio in 2018? Are they the most inspired choice? No. Is there way more than enough mainstream appeal to assure corporate sponsors that plenty of non-NFL fans will be tuning in to watch this (and see their multi-million dollar commercials)? Absolutely! I’m not much of a Maroon 5 fan myself, but they seem to fit perfectly within the Halftime Show strategy of the last several years. The flip side is they could go back to bringing in decades-past-their-prime rock bands. I dunno if that’s a whole lot better?

Edit: I am still absolutely shocked, however, that the Super Bowl is in Atlanta and Outkast is not headlining the halftime show. I wonder if this was ever strongly considered/offered. Considering Big Boi’s involvement, that would have to mean Andre 3000 declined.

currytheword likes this.
  5. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

Did Travis do this as a way of negotiating having to share physical space with Maroon 5? And then like someone called his bluff?

If so, mad respect...