Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Half Hearted Hero – “Same Old Same” (Song Premiere)

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Half Hearted Hero will be releasing their (very good) new LP, Isn’t Real, on May 27th via Animal Style Records. Today we are premiering one of my favorite songs from the album: “Same Old Same.” It contains an upbeat vibe that’ll make you want to roll down the windows and sing along while maintaining the edge that gets the band compared to peers like Polar Bear Club and Motion City Soundtrack.

2. SayHello

Regular

I'm highly anticipating this record, so much so that I think it has the potential to be the next Home, Like No Place Is There, and really catch a lot of people's attention. That's a high bar to set, but with the songs I've heard, the lyrics, and what they've said about the record - I think it can reach that level.

3. HalfHearted

Regular

Not able to listen to the song yet, but can't wait for this album to drop. Running Water EP is one of my favorites.

4. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

May 27th it's gonna be amazing. Half Hearted Hero, Thrice, Architects, The Hotelier and Vinnie Caruana all releasing new music on the same day. As for the song, I'm really lovin' it, and I can totally hear the Polar Bear Club-esque vibe.

5. jorbjorb

7 rings

great band

6. blacktaxi2d

interesting, because the new Hotelier LP drops on the same day as this

along with thrice and real friends. hype

7. So stoked for this record. They've really come a long way.

8. SayHello

Regular

The hype is unreal for 5/27: Don't forget about PUP and Vinnie Caruana, as well.

9. Don't forget Look Mexico and Hesitation Wounds! So much good stuff that day...

10. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Great jam. I'm loving both songs they've premiered so far. I absolutely cannot wait for this - already pre-ordered. These dudes have been one of my favorite bands since their Home EP. Thanks @Drew Beringer for getting this.