Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thom Yorke Says He Won’t Attend Rock Hall Induction

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Thom York talked with Variety and won’t be attending Radiohead’s Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony:

The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame… we’ve always been very blasé about that stuff. So we don’t want to offend anyone. We just think that we just don’t quite understand it. We’ve had it explained to us, so it’s cool. But we don’t really understand it as English people. I think our problem is essentially that every awards ceremony in the UK stinks. We grew up with the Brits, which is like this sort of drunken car crash that you don’t want to get involved with.

2. benschuyler

Regular Prestigious

Dude's Thom Yorke. He can do whatever wants.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  3. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

I've also planned to not attend.

4. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Mood.

5. defmytones

Regular

You’re getting an award for your art, what’s there to really “understand”?

6. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

This guy is a tool. I don't give a fuck what he's done (I could wax lyrical on my dislike for Radiohead but not this is not the time or place) or how much of a legacy he has, he's a colossal douchebag.