Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ryan Adams to Release Three Albums in 2019

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Ryan Adams has announced he’s going to release three albums this year and shared the artwork for the first, Big Colors, on Twitter.

Remember that year when I released 3 records.

Let's do it again pic.twitter.com/NxsUqrBYxp

— Ryan Adams (@TheRyanAdams) January 8, 2019

#BIGCOLORS pic.twitter.com/6BzPpBgnyF

It's sounding fucking epic. Here it comes...
    #BigColors @bluenoterecords @CapitolRecords pic.twitter.com/rARlX4Lrhg

2. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

not a huge Ryan Adams fan but generally I don't love the quantity over quality approach. I'm sure the fans will say it's great but it's really hard to produce 3 quality albums in a career let alone one year. If you like his music I guess this is awesome

Michael Qualiano likes this.
  3. abusedcat

Long Gone Before Daylight Prestigious

Ryan's already released 3 albums in one year (2005) and all rank among some of his best work.

4. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

Thanks for the info. I don't know too much about his work and basing my comment mostly on other bands I follow that have done things like this like Green Day

5. totallysweet

Are we about to kiss?

There is such thing as too much music. I lose interest when bands realease too much.

6. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Green Day is no Ryan Adams.

coleslawed and prattsy like this.
  7. prattsy

Regular

Cold Roses (a double album), Jacksonville City Nights, and 29 all released in one year. While I think most would agree with 29 being the weakest, it's still got some absolutely stellar moments.

I just hope the newer stuff is looser and more Grateful Dead inspired than his last three. I really like those but that sound has been played out. Also hoping for a more diverse vocal performance. A minor complaint I had with Prisoners is that his vocals didn't vary too much across the record.... I'm basically saying I want Cold Roses Part 3 and 4

Dying_ambiance likes this.