Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bring Me the Horizon – “Medicine” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

I'm waiting (inpatiently) to see what everyone's thoughts are on this song

3. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

It's a goddamn pop radio banger.

I'm a bad person to judge, because I frankly love the pivot they started with Sempiternal and went full bore on That's the Spirit. I think it might be the weakest of the singles so far, but that's only because MANTRA and Wonderful Life are so titanic, everything else pales in comparison.

If they're going to be a huge band in America, they'll need a song like this for the radio, and I think this is gonna do it.

4. SPine

Trusted

I dig this. I really liked Sempiternal. That's The Spirit was pretty good. Wasn't into the early days as much.

5. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

Totally agree, I'm into this song & the direction they've taken. There is a Hell is one of my favorite heavy albums of all time, & while I do love that era for the band, I think it would be really foolish for fans to not want them to grow & expand their sound, & ultimately their popularity.

Analog Drummer likes this.
  6. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

It really is straight up just a goddamn pop radio banger :ok:

7. mattylikesfilms Jan 4, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 4, 2019)
    mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Was excited once I heard MANTRA because I thought they were gonna go more experimental than pop (and cause that song is a BANGER) but nope.. no longer that excited for Amo. I can only hope it's at least better than That's The Spirit but this makes me think of The Chainsmokers and wow... it doesn't get any worse than that group.

8. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

I remember hearing "Happy Song" and literally laughing through it because it was such a stupid track. I couldn't believe the band that I listened to in High School turned into THAT band.

...now I have it stuck in my head randomly and occasionally listen to it because it's such a JAM. S-P-I-R-I-T

I have no comment on the rest of that album, though. Still don't care about it.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  9. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

"Doomed" is the only song I loved off TTS.

"Follow You", "Happy Song", "Avalanche", and "What You Need" are alright but very meh compared to pretty anything off Sempiternal or There Is a Hell..

10. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Drown is one of their best songs tho!

Larry David and coleslawed like this.
  11. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Never could get into it. It's not bad but its just forgettable for me personally.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  12. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

Medicine is my fav of the new songs.

13. it's obvious that this album is gonna be refinement of the sound they introduced on TTS - I've enjoyed all three singles so far

14. Analog Drummer

Regular

Cracking song. Amazing TOOL -esque film clip. Can’t wait for amo. Three diverse singles so far

15. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

This band has the most infuriating fanbase. So many people angry that they're not making a metal record 4 years down the line from their last record that wasn't a metal record.

Larry David and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  16. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

I'm actually sympathetic to the plight of fans like you.

I'm a Johnny-come-lately to the band and think That's The Spirit is maybe one of the 10 best records in our scene in this decade. While it's not at all what they were known for before, it's a FUCT-level statement and craft of songs. All hits, no misses.

Most bands would kill to write songs as good as the worst on that record, from a hook, melody and engagement standpoint. But it's depressing to know that era of the band is over if that's the scene you're part of. So I hope there are also more songs like MANTRA on there for fans like you, and also because MANTRA is a goddamn masterpiece.

Linton9488 and Analog Drummer like this.
  17. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

REAL rock and roll. *stares at da haterz*

18. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I respectfully disagree about TTS but for me- I’m not looking for this band to write another There is A Hell. That will never happen... but when I heard MANTRA I was stoked since it married their older sound with their newer sound perfectly. I hope there’s a few more song like that but I’m also glad I held off on preordering this record on vinyl.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  19. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

It's the worst one so far, but I'm still curious and a little excited to hear Amo.

Honestly, I've tried revisiting the br00tal years and nah, they have not aged well. I think this direction sounds like who they were always meant to be. Love or hate, this music at least sounds like stuff that could stand the test of time in my opinion.