Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

More Allegations Against Dahvie Vanity

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Sebastian Murdock and Jesselyn Cook, writing at Huffington Post:

Hendry’s story is disturbingly familiar. HuffPost spoke to a dozen women who said Torres sexually assaulted them between 2006 and 2015. We also spoke to a girl, now 16, who said Torres started grooming her when she was 13 and he was 30. Most of the women said they were under 18 at the time of their alleged assaults.

After the article came out, Big Cartel have (finally) removed Torres’s merch store.

2. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Someone should set his hair on fire

3. Stephen Young

Regular Prestigious

Really hope that this is the time that this creep gets what's coming to him. I had heard stuff about him when I was in high school, and I graduated a decade ago.

supernovagirl likes this.
  4. Mason

Regular

Really hope this guy gets charged. Can't believe any one even likes this band or him. Fun story (but not), when I was living in Deltona, FL I caught my boyfriend cheating on me with one of the old band members (idk which one, but this was 2013 era). So my hate for this band runs deep, aside from the just awfulness of the music and the Dahvie.

5. shogunTORTOISE

Regular

What a monumental bag of shit. Sincerely hope the worst for him.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  6. Infuriates me how he's still out there. The Jessi Slaughter case happened almost a decade ago, the other victims and her deserve to finally get some justice.

7. BradBradley Dec 20, 2018
    (Last edited: Dec 20, 2018)
    BradBradley

Regular

Yeah. My initial reason to this was wondering how he is still “a thing” after all of the allegations over the years. But then again, the people he targets for grooming were five or six (or younger!) a decade ago. They don’t remember or have any context for what happened then (or they ignore it because they idolize this guy because he preys on them by gaining their trust and making them feel special). It was really cool reading in the article about the group of people who are calling ahead to all of the venues he is scheduled to play at to demand that they cancel his shows. It’s good to see his merch store taken down. That said, and maybe I am being cynical, but I can’t help but think that where there is a will, there is unfortunately a way for this guy until he ends up behind bars. He’s like a cockroach, only I think that comparison is unfair to cockroaches.

8. Stephen Young

Regular Prestigious

Did anything happen wrt Jessi slaughter? I tbought the whole hooking up w/ Dahvie vanity was a 2010sy rumour, but she implied in that piece that something happened between them.

9. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Ugh, this is absolutely horrible, I hope the women he assaulted find some peace in their lives now....