Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tonight Alive Cancel Tour

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Tonight Alive have canceled their upcoming tour and announced an international tour hiatus.

Love Jenna, Matty, Cam and Jake. pic.twitter.com/Fa7CphnmRq

— Tonight Alive (@TonightAlive) December 18, 2018

Dear Humans. It’s with heavy but knowing hearts that we have come to the decision to cancel our upcoming U.S. tour for Jan/Feb. 2019. Our touring schedule over the years has been demanding and truthfully the makeup of our entire reality. Reaching the end of a particularly turbulent year, we are seeing the need to address and prioritize our mental and physical health. So in the interest of personal well-being and professional longevity, Tonight Alive will be taking a hiatus from international touring.

“We are treating this as a matter of the heart, mind, body and soul and hope you can accept our sincere apology to those we are letting down. Despite the intensities of 2017/18, we have continuously felt the love, connection and support from you all. Thank you for exploring and expressing yourselves so purely and fearlessly in the Underworld era.

“We are inspired by you and immensely grateful for this chapter of memories. Please be kind to yourselves. We won’t be far away.

2. xthisislove

Regular

As much as I love the otherside I think they moved way too abruptly musically with each following release and just kinda left fans wondering wtf. I do know that they travel well outside of their financial means here aswell as not doing good numbers and doing worse in merch when they support.

3. TheJMan

Trusted

It's too bad because WAYSSO and The Otherside were really good pop punk albums but Limitless was just a complete left turn from the first two albums and although Underworld was a bit of a rebound I still feel like they're missing that fun pop punk sound from the first two.

4. tomtom94

Trusted

Limitless completely arrested any momentum they had in the public consciousness I think. Underworld was a huge improvement musically though.

Anna Acosta and TheJMan like this.
  5. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

Curious - how do you know that about their financial means?

6. xthisislove

Regular

I suppose I worded that wrong. I don’t personally know the amount of money the band accumulates over here but I do know talk between certain bands similar in size and genera who have toured with them. On their last few support tours over here they were pulling in around 1k or less a night in mech.

If you do the math they have some of the most expensive international flights, have a crew and vehicle cost because they don’t like to tour in a van here anymore, aswell as America being their least profitable market.

7. TheJMan

Trusted

Yeah Limitless was just so out there compared to their other records it definitely set them back from breaking out. I’d love to know the thought process for such a major switch in direction musically.

8. Neon Light

rage and love

They were having a crack at mainstream top 40 radio. “Drive” got played a bit on stations that would never have gone near them before.

TheJMan likes this.
  9. Analog Drummer

Regular

Major label pressure

Don’t blame the break. A security guard had a heart attack and died at their festival show last week. Jenna and the lads would’ve taken that hard

TheJMan likes this.