Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Ataris in Van Accident

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

Now he’ll scrap The Graveyard of the Atlantic for a concept album about the crash we’ll get in 2035

3. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

But also glad he and the dog are ok

4. delvec19

Trusted

[​IMG]

Jared Luttrell and Raku like this.
  5. Dying_ambiance

Newbie Supporter

SaveTheEarth likes this.
  6. HarrisonMonopoly

Regular

Glad he's alive. "waiting on my settlement check" Kris Roe should be an interesting Kris Roe.

SaveTheEarth likes this.
  7. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

He can do a hip pop-punk take on the J.G. Wentworth jingle a la "Boys of Summer."

bradsonemanband likes this.
  8. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

It was a very well written post. Guy knows how to catch my attention! Glad to hear him and his dog made it!

9. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

I've enjoyed all the music Kris has made (especially Welcome The Night).

Having said that, can someone ELI5 why he might not have car insurance to cover this expense? Why does he have to go to fans for money to get a new van?

10. efp722

Regular

I have very fond memories of growing up, discovering music, and falling in love with The Ataris. But, what the fuck? Isn't this what insurance is for?

Raku likes this.
  11. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I feel so bad for Kris. I feel like he’s been stuck on a bad luck streak since 2006.

Raku likes this.
  12. Jared Luttrell

Regular

Feel terrible for him. People like to shit on him for various reasons but his music was a big influence on me growing up and it sucks seeing bad shit happen. He probably didn't have insurance or at least total coverage, be that negligence or just unable to afford it. I don't think a goal of $7,000 is worth getting riled up about, you aren't buying a "new" tour van with that kind of money.

13. failinginplace

Regular

came here to say exactly this. instead i'll just comment about how our avatars are in sync.

Jared Luttrell likes this.
  14. Jared Luttrell

Regular

I think I'm ready for third impact.

15. failinginplace

Regular

i'm ready for them to finish the damn 4th rebuild film already sheesh