Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Further Reading: Spider-Man

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

With the release of the new Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse film, our comic book thread regulars have helped put together a group of comics to check out to get to know the characters even more.

There’s some great stuff in here and great write-ups, and with the new launch of Miles Morales: Spider-Man, and Ghost-Spider, now’s a great time to dive into comic books and the entire Spider-Man world. I am unreasonably excited for this movie.

2. bestofmoss

Regular

ultimate spider-man rules & was my avatar on absolutepunk

Kingjohn_654 and Tim like this.
  3. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

I can't get over how much I enjoyed Into the Spider-Verse. The voice cast was so on point. Between that, the PS4 game, and Avengers Infinity War, it's been a really great year to be a Spider-Man fan.

4. Dan O'Neill

Regular

This movie rules so much.

Jonathan likes this.
  5. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Wild that this is the year of Spider-Man...and also the year both of his creators died.

ghostxvapor, Dan O'Neill and Jonathan like this.
  6. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

Just saw it and enjoyed the heck out of it. I loved that they really embraced animation to tell Spider Man stories that wouldn’t be as possible in live action. I’m sure with actors and CGI they could produce something similar but the stakes would feel lower than a cartoon.

Jonathan and Dan O'Neill like this.
  7. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

I'll admit, I was definitely in the camp of those who felt there was still room for an improved take on Peter Parker onscreen (and with Tom Holland I feel like we got that.) After exploring the character of Miles Morales in the PS4 game the Spider-Verse film, I'm 110% in on him and can't wait to see where they take that in the MCU when the time comes.

8. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I'm in the camp that STILL feels there's room for an improved take on Peter Parker onscreen, lol. Tom Holland was better at being in high school, but not an improvement overall at playing the Peter Parker Spider-Man. Heck, quality of film debates aside, ASM2 has the absolute best overall live-action Spidey.

Dang, now I'm just remembering how much better Homecoming would've been if Tony had recruited Andrew Garfield in Civil War, & then Homecoming had been about Miles becoming Spidey w/ Peter in a mentor role.