Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Meek Mill Tops the Charts This Week

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Meek Mill has the number one album in the country this week:

The set earned 229,000 equivalent album units in the week ending Dec. 6, according to Nielsen Music. Of that sum, 42,000 were in traditional album sales.

The 1975 had the top selling album, and came in at number four:

Rock band The 1975 bows at No. 4 with its new album A Brief Inquiry Into Online Relationships, as the set begins with 66,000 equivalent album units. Of that sum, 48,000 were in album sales, which also makes the set the top-selling album of the week.

2. Frank Lapidus

Regular Supporter

Makes sense that they take streams into account, but such a strange time we live in when the album that is number four actually sold more physical copies.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  3. zachmacD

Trusted

That’s surprising for the 1975. Didn’t the last album go #1?

4. web250

I'll change this eventually Prestigious

It did.

5. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Their last album sold over 90K if I remember correctly. Pretty shocked at these sales.

6. somethingwitty

Trusted

LIIWMI hasn't really blown up at radio, it's only at #16 on Billboard Top Alt songs right now. The album is great but it hasn't really taken off. Not sure if there's a "Love Me" or "Somebody Else" on this album to drive sales via a radio single.

7. Quijiba

Yeah there's no real radio banger on the album. It's an amazing piece of work, but without songs like the sound and love me tearing up airwaves you're bound to get lower sales numbers

8. Pretty inline with expectations for a late Q4 release.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.