Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ticketmaster Launches “Verified Tickets”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

cool can they launch "not charging the cost of another ticket in fees" next

3. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

You can blame the acts you're going to see for that as, time and time again, documents have shown TM kicks back some of the fees to the promoter/band.

finnstigator likes this.
  4. clucky

Trusted Supporter

If it lets people just sell stuff at face value or lower great.

But something tells me it'll let people sell stuff at inflated prices too =/

yeahrightdude and stars143 like this.
  5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Didn't they get in trouble for talking about this shit?

6. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

definitely curious to understand how ticketmaster charging artists to play their venues is the artist's fault? unless i'm misunderstanding your point.

7. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

I think they’re saying TM pays the bands using some of those fees? isn’t that what the actual ticket price is? to pay the bands/venues/promoters?

duritzfan13 likes this.
  8. duritzfan13

all we have is time

This doesn't make sense to me. The actual ticket price itself is what the band/promoter gets paid off of. Then there's an additional "Service Fee" as well as an "Order Processing Fee." Please explain how those two are set by the act you're going to see..

9. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

The "fee" is usually the promoter fee. For example, if it's a Live Nation show, part of the fee goes to the promoter (Live Nation) which is revenue from them which, from what I've heard, also can get partially kicked back to the band. Ticketmaster, while not a great company to begin with, usually just acts as the face of the "big scary evil corporation" when the bands themselves are often sharing that revenue. Same line of thought around how many bands scalp their own tickets which is why you see tickets on Stubhub before on sales.

10. Ticketmaster Recruits Pros for Secret Scalper Program • chorus.fm
    Box-office giant Ticketmaster is recruiting professional scalpers who cheat its own system to expand its resale business and squeeze more money out of fans, a CBC News/Toronto Star investigation reveals. […] Company representatives told them Ticketmaster’s resale division turns a blind eye to scalpers who use ticket-buying bots and fake identities to snatch up tickets and then resell them on the site for inflated prices. Those pricey resale tickets include extra fees for Ticketmaster.

https://theringer.com/ticket-industry-problem-solution-e4b3b71fdff6?gi=1562781d6407
    The other way these held-back tickets weasel their way into the secondary market: The individuals who get the tickets realize that, ostensibly, someone just handed them cash. I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but attending a concert or a game can be a pain in the ass. Industry insiders fortunate enough to obtain these tickets are just jaded enough that they don’t need to go like true fans do. And so they think about the traffic, and the parking, and the hassle, and they check prices on the secondary market. And they realize that whatever true fans are willing to pay sounds better than the work of actually going to the event. So they sell (out).