Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Issues – “Coma”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

beachdude42 and JamesMichael like this.
  2. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Song is ok. A bit boring for them. Based off the two songs released so far, I don't see the point of Michael being in the band anymore. His vocals are so infrequent and his screaming isn't even good anyway.

3. Nick Martin

There are no answers. Only choices.

Not bad. Didn't expect Michael to have clean vocals in this.

4. awilliams787

Tyler has such a good voice

5. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

I like that their second singer has expanded his vocal range with what he's doing on this record, I think it makes these guys better.

6. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

Diggin' this song a lot.

7. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Can't really get into this one for some reason either. Will give it a few more listens. Still excited for the album though.

8. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

I was a HUGE fan of the first record and both of these new singles just aint doing it for me :/

9. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

I get where your coming from but I still really like the first song.

10. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

I figured it would be a grower but I've given it maybe 5-6 listens and still nada. I've already pre-ordered the album so I'm still holding out hope I'll like the release as a whole.

11. JamesMichael

Hope it grows on you man it's growing on me! Reminds me of The Worst of Them off their EP vocally. But damn I love this band I know they get a little bit of hate on here but I can't get enough of Tyler Carter's voice. Looking forward to seeing them next month finally...third time lucky!

12. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

Definitely thought this too. Feels like a more refined version of the sound on that track.

It's definitely one of their more straightforward songs, and I'll be hoping for some more curveballs on the record but so far it's 2/2 for me.

13. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

I'm torn on this. I like the instrumentation, and I like the vocals - the two together just do not work for me, though.

14. jrock920

Regular

2/2 for me tyler sounds really good on this track i'm digging micheal singing too

15. SweetThye

@sweetthye

Impressive to hear Michael's vocals in this. Man I hope people can stop shitting on this band now.

16. Scuba Chris

Newbie Prestigious

Official video is on youtube too:

17. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

Thought this song was pretty huge. Really dig the chorus.

18. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Both this and "The Realest" are better to me than a LOT of their debut album and EP. Very excited.

jrock920 likes this.
  19. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

It's strange seeing a bunch of scene bands starting out with screaming and singing then moving to where the screamer sings. Of Mice and Men, We Came as Romans, Our Last Night and now Issues. Are they trying to break through to mainstream rock?

20. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

Basically. These guys in particular already have a pretty substantial fanbase, so all they need is that extra little push to where they can get radio support, open for big bands, and make some pretty good money. It's the smart thing to do, even if that last OM&M record was just...ummm....

21. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Prefer this to the first song. Want some more weird songs, this was a little too safe for me.

22. JamesMichael

Still jamming both tracks a lot colour me excited for this record!

Side note but the bass player is killing on this record too.

jrock920 and beachdude42 like this.