Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Copeland – “On Your Worst Day”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. benschuyler

Regular Prestigious

Curious to hear the heavier parts of this record. The first three songs they've released have been incredible.

Ska Senanake likes this.
  3. CMilliken

Trusted

So stoked for this album.

Ska Senanake likes this.
  4. m9tt

heaven knows what i am

I can't see this record getting much heavier than the second half of Night Figures.

coleslawed likes this.
  5. benschuyler

Regular Prestigious

This quote was the one that immediately came to mind:

“We wanted to take all of the elements that made up our sound in the past and push those elements farther,” Aaron says. “So rock becomes more rock than we’ve been in the past. If we’ve taken elements of symphonic tones, let’s now be very symphonic. When we’re being electronic, be very electronic. We wanted to emphasize each element of sound harder, like an exaggerated version of Copeland’s sound. We could be each thing individually by pushing each facet of our art in a more focused way.”

6. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Idk the drums in Pope are pretty high energy.

7. totallysweet

Are we about to kiss?

This quote perfectly explains "Night Figures". Hella electronic, then very heavy, then completely orchestral.

anonimito likes this.
  8. Whiterapppa

This band hasnt put a good song out since “youve had my attention.” Its so said that aaron hides his beautiful voice behind bullshit vocal effects. His vocal melodies are also extremely lazy. Im not saying you need to go to straight pop...but damn. The last few copeland albums have almost been like crappy rap albums. Write a melody that at least has a touch of Beneath Medicine Tree or In Motion. Talent wasted.

9. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

you didn’t even get the name of the song right that you think is great (it is great, but they have also written many great songs since).

anonimito likes this.
  10. ...........

:rotfl:

anonimito likes this.
  11. Whiterapppa

Its been so long since theyve put out a good song that the title was even hazy in my memory. Its terribly tragic.

12. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

:chin:

13. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

Seeing them with From Indian Lakes is going to be incredible