Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spotify Unveil the Top Artists of 2018

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Spotify have announced the top streamed artists, albums, and tracks from 2018.

Music lovers continued with some existing favorites, such as 2015 and 2016’s most-streamed artist, Drake, who took home the crown once again this year. With 8.2 billion streams in 2018 alone, the Canadian rapper is now our most-streamed artist of all time. His album “Scorpion” and song “God’s Plan” took the top slots in their categories—with “God’s Plan” bringing in more than 1 billion streams.

The top rising genre? Emo Rap.

2. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Glad to see My Favorite Murder get a shout out, even though they didn’t make top 5.

3. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

I must be living under a rock because I have absolutely no idea who J Balvin is.

j0hnnyrt and Jake W like this.
  4. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Emo rap isn't very good...

5. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

He is a very popular Latin music artist who has started breaking out in the US. He does reggaeton. He had an album he worked on with Pharrell and was on a cardi b track and he had Ginza a few years ago which was big for him also

SuNDaYSTaR and St. Nate like this.
  6. chilllll

Regular

Makes sense post malones rockstar is up there. I swear the manager at my job plays that song 12 times a day

7. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Maybe you need to report him to the music license police for playing it in a commercial space

8. chilllll

Regular

lol i hate to admit but i jam on posty now/ i've been brainwashed everyday!!! lolol. some of it really does bang tho. very well produced. i definitely understand how hes so popular