Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mumford & Sons Top the Charts

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Mumford and Sons have the number one album in the country:

The quartet’s album, which was released on Nov. 16 via Gentlemen of the Road/Glassnote Records, launches with 230,000 equivalent album units earned in the week ending Nov. 22, according to Nielsen Music. That’s the biggest week for an alternative rock album in 2018. Of the album’s starting sum, 214,000 were in album sales.

2. morken

Not everything means something, honey Supporter

This was the most boring album I've listened to all year. I loved their first two, but this really was the dullest thing ever. Good for them though! (Wonder how these sales compares to Babel, for instance)

spencpants likes this.
  3. atlastitsok

Regular

First listen it kinda blended together but now I love it. Some tracks I tend to skip over but some I really enjoy

4. benschuyler

Regular Prestigious

Actually think this album is pretty good.

Kellan likes this.
  5. macbethfan

Trusted Supporter

If im not mistaken, Babel did over 600,000 first week. And yes, this album was just not something I see myself revisiting much. There’s a couple good songs in there, but there’s soooooo much filler and bad songwriting here. Also, this is someone who thought Wilder Mind was actually really good, so I have no problems with their newer sound, just mainly the songwriting.

6. spencpants

Can I pet your dog? Prestigious

Yes - this. I was excited to check it out, and I'm excited for Maggie Rogers, who they're taking on tour.. but I couldn't even finish the album. I liked its first single, but the album's just white noise.

morken likes this.
  7. paythetab

Chorus.FM Album Reviewer (Adam Grundy) Supporter

I have received this album no less than 3 times for free after buying a ticket to their concert in DC this December. Any chance they are counting all of these freebies in their totals for the week? Ticketmaster gave me 1 digital album, and 2 physical CDs for 2 tickets bought...

macbethfan likes this.
  8. jackyjackyjack

Regular

Love this album already.

Check out halfway through 'The Wild' it goes full on Angels & Airwaves …

9. macbethfan

Trusted Supporter

I have never heard of physical CD’s coming with a ticket purchase. If so, that might explain such a high number for first week sales. They still play arenas, so that’s tens of thousands of copies right there.

paythetab likes this.
  10. paythetab

Chorus.FM Album Reviewer (Adam Grundy) Supporter

It's becoming more common than you would think...Maggie Rogers is doing the same thing with her upcoming tour too.

macbethfan likes this.