Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hayley Williams Taking a Social Media Break

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Hayley Williams of Paramore has decided to take a social media break for a little while. You can read her full post about it below.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqlfSoYnna4/

2. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

She deserves all of the love and goodness in this world. I appreciate so much how open and honest she has been in the AL album cycle and I wish for nothing but her happiness. Taking a social media break would be good for us all.

Arry likes this.
  3. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

I can't recommend a permanent break from Twitter highly enough. Good for Hayley, she deserves some time away.

4. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Good for her. Delete all of your social media. It's liberating.

5. Steven

Why do people need to announce things like this? Is it that important.

6. bradsonemanband Nov 27, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 27, 2018)
    I know so many people who will just scroll through their Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram feeds for hours each day. Social media can be addicting. And it's really easy to just tell yourself "I'm going to get off social media" but if you're not announcing it to people who have your back, then you can just as easily slip right back into it at the next lull in a conversation, the next time you go to the bathroom, the next time you put a movie on, etc. So I get why Hayley felt like she needed to announce it, assuming that was her reason for doing so (I didn't actually read her post.)

I think people also announce it (especially avid posters) so their friends and family know what's up so they know to get in touch with them a different way. For instance, the only reason I really check my Facebook anymore is because my family has a big group message there and everyone likes to make plans and whatnot through that rather than by texting/calling. So if I were to not see those messages, I most likely wouldn't know what was going on until one of my brothers texts me and says "are you almost here?!" and I'd have no clue what he's talking about, haha.

I used to check my social media every chance I got, and it was starting to make me a zombie. So about a year ago, I deleted my Facebook and Instagram apps from my phone, and it's made a tremendous difference. I still check my Facebook once or twice a day at most, but it's nowhere near as often since now it's a tiny bit harder to get to because I only use it in my internet browser. It's not hard to check it that way, but you know what I mean. I haven't checked or posted anything on Instagram for about a year now. Twitter has never been a problem for me. I go on there maybe once a week, and I pretty much just interact with my bandmates on there.

7. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

yes

Jason Tate, K0ta and St. Nate like this.