Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

‘The Lion King’ Teaser Trailer

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Frank Lapidus

Regular Supporter

Can't wait.

3. VCargo08

This is going to be so so good, but 'live action' feels like the wrong way to describe it.

4. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

Why do we need shot for shot cgi remakes of perfect animated films?

Penguin and AVanMill17 like this.
  5. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Yeah it's completely cgi/animated

Connor likes this.
  6. Eml182

Regular

Jungle Book is some of the best CGI out there- this will be even better.

Analog Drummer likes this.
  7. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

This looks. SO. POINTLESS.

Brent likes this.
  8. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Also it looks completely fucking washed out and shitty.

9. So much anger ... Yeesh.

10. heymattrick

Sending my love

I'm mostly excited for this, but is Disney really putting out "live action" versions of Dumbo, Aladdin, and The Lion King all next year? Space 'em out a little, eh?

Analog Drummer likes this.
  11. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I don’t know why it brings out such rage in me, sorry about that. I just think this looks SO. AWFUL. And really don’t understand what people see in this trailer.

But fortunately I can just choose to not see it and not say anything more!

12. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

What on earth looks washed out and shitty lol

Brent likes this.
  13. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

"live action"

Okay.

14. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

This looks great, but 99% of that is because it stirs up the nostalgia for the original for me.

Some things are better left un-remade. Just release the original again in theaters. Who wouldn't go see it? Little kids wouldn't know it's 20 years old and they're the audience for this.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  15. dlemert

Trusted

The thing about these "live action" remakes is that there's no way any of them will ever be better than the originals, so just knowing that alone already makes me dubious of the entire enterprise.

That said I did really enjoy Jungle Book but I'm going to get tired real quick of these remakes because you know they won't stop until they've remade every single animated Disney movie.

16. Jared Luttrell

Regular

It doesn't bother me that it's a remake of a classic or anything like that and I'm sure I will still see it but this doesn't really do much for me personally which I'm sure in a minority sentiment. It reminds me more of a nature documentary than a emotional disney movie. I worry it will be hard for these realistic animals to portray the emotion and personality that animated animals with more stylized facial expressions can do. Maybe I'll be completely wrong and I hope I am but not really feeling this.

17. somethingwitty

Trusted

Its pretty fucked up that the majority of the people who worked on the original at Disney are not getting any royalties from the new film.

Disney is gross to creatives.

artbynickferran likes this.
  18. You should see Jungle Book. (It's very good.)

coleslawed likes this.
  19. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

simba looks so cute omfg

coleslawed likes this.
  20. Jared Luttrell

Regular

Probably a good idea, I totally forgot about that movie. I'll be sure to find time to check it out this winter.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.