Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Road to Redemption: Music and the “Me Too” Movement

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Anna Acosta, writing at Auxcord:

You cannot begin to be redeemed if you do not honestly feel the weight of what you’ve done to others. This is the missing piece of the puzzle. This is why so many react negatively to the delicately-crafted, publicist-approved apologies put out by the “me too’d” who bother even to acknowledge they might have something to apologize for. These statements make it clear that the person in question has no idea what they’re apologizing for. I believe they’re sorry – we all do. But sorry for what? It indeed isn’t for the pain they’ve caused. It’s for the pain they’re experiencing.

supernovagirl and Anna Acosta like this.
  2. AndrewSoup and Jason Tate like this.
  3. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

love this article, this is so well put. @Anna Acosta you have an unparalleled way with words.

Anna Acosta likes this.
  4. Incredibly high praise that I'll continue to strive to be worthy of. Thank you so much, sincerely.

AndrewSoup likes this.
  5. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I know this is like old by now but I just have bookmarked it in multiple ways and this thread is just another because it's worthy of revisiting over and over and showing others and trying to drill it into as many heads as possible

Anna Acosta likes this.