Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kacey Musgraves Wins CMA’s Album of the Year

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

theasteriskera likes this.
  2. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

This rules, that album is so good. And really changed my viewpoint of what country is and can be. Thanks to everyone on here who spoke so highly of it, I wouldn't have checked it out otherwise!

3. Tyler Mills

Bread makes you fat?! Supporter

Same here. I am not a fan of country at all and I absolutely love this album. All the love on this site got me to check it out, so glad that I did

Craig Manning and theasteriskera like this.
  4. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

And I'm sure we're not the only ones! I'm not sure if you're into other "country" albums that have come out this year, but her husband Ruston Kelly is also a great artist, & inspired a lot of Golden Hour. Some others that released great albums this year are Donavon Woods, Lori McKenna, and Caitlyn Smith. And as much as I hate to admit it, Mason Ramsey's song "Famous" is great. Chase Huglin was/is associated with "the scene", but the album he released this year has a lot of country-pop sensibilities & it's really good.

Essie and Craig Manning like this.
  5. somethingwitty

Trusted

She is such a talent...still strange to see an album that was written while experimenting with LSD win a major country award though. Good for her!

Dan O'Neill and tyramail like this.
  6. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I had no idea Ruston Kelly was her husband! Also back Caitlyn Smith very hard.

7. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

I guess we could say it's a golden moment for Golden Hour. Good album. Fully deserving.

8. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Kind of think this album has an outside shot at the Album of the Year Grammy. I don't really care about the Grammys, but that would be incredible.

9. prattsy

Regular

This album is unreal. After she won she performed Slow Burn and it brought down the whole place

theasteriskera and Corey Long like this.
  10. fbrrocks

Trusted

you forgot dan and shay and two members of ex arttm play with them live

theasteriskera likes this.
  11. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

I did forget Dan & Shay, I listened to that as well & enjoyed it. ARTTM really got me started on the country kick, that last album was SO GOOD. That's super cool they're playing with them!

fbrrocks likes this.