Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

John Nolan on “Lead Singer Syndrome” Podcast

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

discussion already going on in the TBS thread about how awkward/uncomfortable some parts of this interview felt.

Davjs likes this.
  3. marissalg

Trusted

Yeah, I didn’t really get why Shane would bring up things that the band has obviously moved past at this point.

Connor likes this.
  4. HarrisonMonopoly

Regular

I absolutely despise Silverstein, but I really enjoy this dudes pod.

5. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Any notable Straylight talk in the episode?

6. trevorshmevor Nov 8, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 9, 2018)
    Noticed this is episode 152 — no mention of it anywhere on the episode but that’d be a crazy coincidence if not planned

Zac Djamoos and Larry David like this.
  7. I listened yesterday so I could be forgetting something, but nothing that I remember

Essie likes this.
  8. dzyjay

Regular

Basically just that he’s playing 1/3 straylight songs on the tour

kelseyleigh and Essie like this.
  9. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

Yeah This is about the worst interview I’ve heard Shane do. So awkward and ill informed

10. Johnnie Martinez

I enjoyed John's take on the Brand New situation, and his willingness to be honest.

My issue with Shane during this interview, was that he came off a bit too TMZish, looking for a headline. However, I enjoyed the interview.

coleslawed likes this.
  11. bestofmoss

Regular

this podcast rules

12. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

I didn't think the interview was as awkward as some folks make it out to be. Some of Shane's questions were lame/old news but I felt like John handled them all really well. I do really wish the interview had revolved more around the new record, the recording process, who he worked with, etc instead of just going back to old hat TBS "drama" questions.