Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Travis Barker Plays “Violence” Blindfolded

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Some fan shot footage of Travis Barker performing the end of “Violence” blindfolded at Blink-182’s Vegas show earlier this week has been uploaded to Twitter.

In case there was any question as to whether @travisbarker is the [​IMG], here’s a video of him finishing Violence blindfolded [​IMG]#KingsOfTheWeekend @blink182 pic.twitter.com/AmPJp7BeQA

— Edmée Jorge (@edmeejorge) October 29, 2018

2. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

I want to say he's been doing this for some time.

3. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Even so, absolutely ridiculous. I can't imagine doing that with my eyes open.

4. efp722

Regular

Hm. Maybe this is impressive to non drummers? As someone who’s been playing for almost 20 years, I know where everything is on my kit in relation to where I sit.

I’m usually blinded by sweat half way through any set/jam.

5. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I would hope he could play his own songs blindfolded.

Mr. Serotonin, SuNDaYSTaR and Raku like this.
  6. Brnthwtch

Actually he does this at every show during violence. I’m assuming it’s the heat from the pyro perhaps. If you watch his Instagram drum videos of this song he always has a towel over his head for a short portion of the song.

Raku likes this.
  7. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I feel like it would just be muscle memory? Like I don't have to look at the controller when playing video games or whatever, pianists don't look at they keys etc. Doesn't seem that remarkable to me.

efp722, CarpetElf and Raku like this.
  8. bakin

This. Maybe a tad bit more difficult with your peripheral being gone, but I definitely don't look directly at any of the drums I'm about to hit, and didn't think any other drummers do either.

I'm picturing Thomas Pridgen staring upwards and zoning out half the time.

9. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

If he had a 40 piece kit like Bozzio it might be something to marvel. 4-piece kit? Not so much.

He still rules though.

The Lucky Moose likes this.