Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thursday Announce New Tour

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Thursday have announced a new tour.

Message from the Band

It’s our honor to announce that we’ll be ending our 20th Anniversary by taking Full Collapse and War All the Time on the road, for a very limited US tour, in early 2019. When we reunited the band, two years ago, we had no idea that it would carry us through our 20th year or that we’d be selling out every show that we play in 2018. It’s been a very gratifying and humbling year for us. This tour is our attempt at saying ‘thank you’ to all of the people around the US that have supported us for all these years. We’ll be playing small venues, like we did when we began touring. At the conclusion of this tour, we intend to put an end to ‘the reunion.’ When we stopped playing last time, it wasn’t on the best of terms. This time, we get to put down touring on the very highest of notes: in each other’s lives and able to pick up and play together behind closed doors whenever we want. If we are ever able to do Thursday again, it will be a new, separate chapter. Thank you all for your time, attention and friendship.
    11/16 Los Angeles, CA – The Echoplex (performing “Full Collapse“)
    11/17 Los Angeles, CA – The Echoplex (performing “War All The Time“)
    12/27 Brooklyn, NY – Music Hall Of Williamsburg (performing “Full Collapse“)
    12/28 Brooklyn, NY – Music Hall Of Williamsburg (performing “War All The Time“)
    12/29 Brooklyn, NY – Music Hall Of Williamsburg (performing “Full Collapse“)
    12/30 Brooklyn, NY – Music Hall Of Williamsburg (performing “War All The Time“)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. surgerone

Regular Supporter

dayuuuuuum. I missed the WATT show in San Diego, gonna try to go to Seattle or Phoenix or Anaheim or anywhere...

3. Ska Senanake

Trusted

When do these tickets go on sale? Also wish they did City By the Light Divided night! That album is soooooooo good. Might be my favorite after all these years.

JonnyMac and Davjs like this.
  4. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Honestly would take any album over the two that they're doing (even though i do like those albums).

This is so cool though, love the small venue approach.

5. Iamhollywood315

Regular

On sale Friday. Venues are small as fuck. I’m gonna get mine asap

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  6. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Chain Reaction twice? That's going to be an insane couple shows. Hope they do video of all this.

Also, I need those Boston pre-sale codes.

Ska Senanake and Dan O'Neill like this.
  7. AAstra

Dangggg, Underground Arts is literally a basement that Moving Mountains packed last winter. This should be insane, if I can swipe tickets.

Brent likes this.
  8. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

It's great to see they've gotten on so well since reforming and touring. Hope Geoff stays healthy after this round of touring is done, and that one day they can make new music together.

Disappointed they didn't play any small shows in Toronto in the last year - but not shocked they didn't come back after their bigger tour didn't sell well here.

9. totallysweet

Are we about to kiss?

I love the 2 nights in each town approach.

10. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

Hold up, are Moving Mountains still active?

11. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Got tickets for Saint Vitus!! Can't believe it's the tour closer at a 300 cap venue, what a hell of a show this is going to be.

12. AAstra

So, to start, my sense of time is horrendous. They did play Philly last December. However, the show I referenced at UA was almost three years ago with Moneen and Prawn.