Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taylor Swift Rocks Out to Jimmy Eat World

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

fenway89 likes this.
  2. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

It's so weird she's doing this after all that previous conflict with Apple hahaha

fenway89 likes this.
  3. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

"conflict"

St. Nate likes this.
  4. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

Honestly my heart can't take it with her. Ughhhhh. Heart eyes for days.

5. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

These have been fantastic. Curious what the next song will be.

chhholly123 and Jason Tate like this.
  6. Gen Martinez

Listen To Saves The Day.

Good for JEW. Love those dudes.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  7. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

8. Ben Buchnat

Whatever. Forever.

IT JUST TAKES SOME TIME

9. peoplearepoison

It’s a perfect day for letting go... Supporter

Mid 30's emo dad's are pissed

Contender, fenway89 and johnnyferris like this.
  10. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

11. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Okay, I just felt like I was being mocked - I was confused at first. I don't really keep up with stuff that much, didn't realize that. I guess that makes sense though.

12. razorburn

Trusted

Just awesome.

13. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Yes. I'm glad I'm not the only one that sees that.

14. There's nothing in the history of Apple or their marketing department that would make me think any part of the stuff with Taylor was staged. That's just not how they work, and they wouldn't run some campaign that makes them look bad for any amount of time. It's far more likely that the discussions were opened up because of Taylor's letter and it led to two companies working together after dialogue was started. She was clearly a fan of Apple, they're clearly a fan of having the biggest ambassadors of music in their camp, but I've seen nothing that leads me to believe Apple would have somehow staged the interactions with Taylor as any kind of marketing ploy. It's so completely not part of their styke in virtually every way.

ohitsjustrob and lightning13 like this.
  15. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

NO WE'RE NOT!

Wait, just me? No, I'm not. Having seen her live, I can say she's worth the money. My love for JEW and TS doesn't mean only one can exist.

I think this commercial is a bit cringeworthy, but if it means they sell a few more copies of the Middle for the 4 people who hadn't heard that song before, that's fucking great.

16. This just makes me happy.

17. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

I guess it's more of she last year in some ways became the face of the I'm not streaming my music because it screws over the artist in getting any sort of compensation and really brought it to Apple for their plan to not pay anyone for anything during trial periods. Then she looks like a hypocrite for taking all that money to basically become the face of the streaming service. That's really my point. I don't have a conspiracy theory that this was a PR plan. She only stuck to her guns in my mind until a wad of cash was presented in front of her to endorse the thing.

18. Jason Tate Apr 18, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 18, 2016)
    That was never her position. Her music was on the paid streaming services, just not the free tier. Her position was against the freemium model, not the streaming model.
    She said she didn't like something, the policy was changed because of this, then she worked with the company that changed their policy ... how is that a hypocrite?

19. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Eh. Lets just agree to disagree.

20. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

She's always been a big fan! During the Speak Now tour she'd write lyrics on her arm every night and wrote lyrics to Hear You Me, The Middle, For Me This Is Heaven, and Mixtape on various dates.

[​IMG]

Jason Tate likes this.
  21. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

As much as I like Tom Mullins of Washed Up Emo I couldn't help but roll my eyes on his comments about this. Of any of the bands he likes a good part of the population knows Jimmy Eat World.

22. Rico Suave

This would apply to Clarity, not Bleed American.

23. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

I mean I still hear "The Middle" on the adult contemporary station every few months (when in the car with my mom).

24. Schooner

Trusted

Is that legit?
    Very cool.
    Surprised she never had Jim or the band do the special guest thing for her on 1989

25. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Jim talking about being on a previous tour your was pretty good. It's why I respect her as a business person. She essentially owns every aspect of her tour.