Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mest Reunites With Original Lineup to Record New Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Mest’s original line-up has reunited. They’ve signed with Cyber Tracks and are in the studio with Cameron Webb to record a new album. The press release can be found below.

Punk rock quartet MEST has re-emerged with their original lineup, a record deal with Cyber Tracks, and producer Cameron Webb (Alkaline Trio, Pennywise, NOFX) behind the console. The band is currently in the studio writing and recording their first new album in over a decade which is due out Spring 2019.
    “I’ve written a lot of songs in my life and these are by far some of my best songs,” explains frontman Tony Lovato. “We’re so excited to sign with Cyber Tracks and put out this new record for our fans to finally hear. “El Hefe and NOFX have been a major influence on us from the very beginning, so to have him want to release this album is truly a full-circle moment for us. His wife Jen and the rest of the Cyber Tracks team clicked with us right away. It was a quick and easy choice to join their family. Also, getting to do the record with Cameron is going to be an amazing time and we’re confident that it’s going to be the record that our fans have been waiting a long time for!”

“We’re honored to be adding Mest to our roster,” declares Cyber Tracks owner Jen Abeyta. “The demos for this new album blew us away, so signing them was a no-brainer. I can’t wait to see what Cameron does with it!”

Since forming in a working-class suburb of Chicago in 1995, Mest has always been known for their live performance. The band got their first real break when Tony Lovato sent the band’s album to Goldfinger’s John Feldmann who helped them get signed to Maverick Records, and produced their major-label debut Wasting Time, which was released in July 2000. Since then the band has released three more albums on Maverick — 2001’s Destination Unknown, 2003’s self-titled disc, and 2005’s Photographs. Tensions between the band members about the musical direction of the band, growing up, starting a family and not wanting to tour as much caused the band to break-up in 2006, and Mest announced their breakup, as well as a farewell tour entitled So Long and Thanx for the Booze.

maxracer and Raku like this.
  2. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

whats da da da da dillio dillio whats da da da dill dill whats da da da dillio dillio whats da da da dill DILL!

maxracer, Raku and buckcheeks like this.
  3. cherrywaves

Trusted

Glad to hear these guys are taking a stab at a new record

4. buckcheeks

Regular

Whoa.

5. Heron182

Regular

Their s/t album was always on repeat my high school years I’m excited to hear new jams

Raku likes this.
  6. HarrisonMonopoly

Regular

didn't somebody from this band kill somebody or something crazy??

7. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I hate that I care about this

8. irthesteve

in self defense, yes

Raku likes this.
  9. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

i used to jam that cadillac song HARD back in the day

mattylikesfilms and Raku like this.
  10. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

I'm so excited. I loved Jeremiah the second singer. I still listen to a couple of their records all the time.

Raku, irthesteve and slimfenix182 like this.
  11. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Woah Jeremiah back and Cameron Webb producing? Well consider me curious

maxracer, Raku and irthesteve like this.
  12. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

13. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

14. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

Glad to hear they’re back to the ole drawing board!

15. Raku

Regular

I'm totally down for this.

Hopefully the new record will be amazing because I really wasn't much of a fan of "Not What You Expected" compared to their other great work over the years. Also glad to see that we're getting new music instead of acoustic/alternative renditions of past songs.

summertimejesus and Zip It Chris like this.
  16. ARo24

Regular

With Jeremiah back I think it’s maybe worth listening to. First time I ever saw FOB they opened for Mest haha.

Raku and irthesteve like this.
  17. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

I loved them in high school and I'm interested how they'll push their sound in 2019.

summertimejesus and Raku like this.
  18. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

I've seen this band live multiple times (first time in 2001 with blink-182, NFG, and Midtown—what a show), and they were always a good time. Their last album had some decent tracks on it. I'll definitely be checking this out. It's just a shame that every time people see news about this band, their first thought is now about Tony killing a guy (in self-defense). I mean, that happened 11 years ago, and he was cleared in a day.

Raku likes this.
  19. This band has the weirdest history of any band I can think of ... from Tony playing in a white power band when he was 13, to the stabbing, to the FBI getting involved in an extortion case.

Kuri44 likes this.
  20. AMC

Regular

I agree. Tony writes song good stuff and I like his voice, but Jer on board makes me really excited

Raku likes this.
  21. AMC

Regular

Don't remember the FBI story. I'll have to look that one up.

22. AMC

Regular

23. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

24. irthesteve

I know that Tony has addressed his white power stuff a TON over the years, I really believe that he is not that person anymore.