Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Panic! at the Disco Talks About the Band’s First Breakup

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Kuri44

I saw this link/post on Apple news, pretty cool!

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. Woohoo!

Regular

I was hoping this was going to be a long discussion about when they left. I would love to hear his perspective on it now. Still waiting on those unreleased songs...

4. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

All three of the State Farm/Panic! segments have been great.

5. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

I love that new record so, so, SO much.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  6. StoJa9

Regular

Holy Christ that is the most click-baitey title I've ever seen. The first 24 seconds of a 3:38 video he says "the band broke up and it sucked for me, but hey man State Farm Insurance!!!"

What the fuck has this website become?

Walkabout and Brent like this.
  7. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Would love an in-depth interview on it someday. I also wonder how bummed the dudes are that they left given how huge Panic is now.

8. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

The title wasn't click-baitey. It's literally what happened. He talked about the band's first break-up. The description might have been a bit overblown since he doesn't mention anyone by name.

Here's the actual text. Your synopsis is not a good one:

9. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Should have all ended there imo. The Young Veins were better than any of Mr. Urie's output since imo. I know I'm probably in the minority here though.

theredline likes this.
  10. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

You think P!atD shouldn’t have continued at all because you personally aren’t a fan of their output since the split? And that reasoning doesn’t seem completely silly to you?

11. Collins

Trusted

I wonder that too, but I feel like Panic wouldn't have gone in the same direction if Ryan was involved. Brendon running the show got him to this level. I don't see them doing that if they stayed, and I think they probably know it.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  12. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

I mean Brendan should have changed the name or just gone by his own once it became just himself. And I did say I knew I was in the minority and that it was just my personal opinion. Not trying to start any arguments.

Brent likes this.
  13. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

Until I watched this video, I thought that song was by Fall Out Boy.

Not a bad song, just didn't realize it was Panic.

14. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

You're definitely not wrong there

Collins likes this.
  15. Some bad takes flying.

Jonathan likes this.