Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jack’s Mannequin’s ‘The Glass Passenger’ Re-Pressed on Vinyl

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Jack’s Mannequin’s The Glass Passenger is getting a re-press; however, it looks like Andrew McMahon was not aware of this and hopes to do a 11-year anniversary release.

I’d love who licensed the rights to you for this reissue. Please advise. Any fans seeing this, I would be very suspicious!!!

— Andrew McMahon (@andrewmcmahon) October 23, 2018

Trying to work it out as we speak. It will be an 11 year anniversary edition if I can’t work out a deal with my old label.

— Andrew McMahon (@andrewmcmahon) October 23, 2018

JRGComedy likes this.
  2. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I really want this on vinyl, but I'm willing to wait in hopes that AM can put together his own approved release.

3. Chris Lei

the only vinyl i am missing from my AM collection. will wait for the 11yr.

4. xburningcoffin

KC

Young artists: Read your contracts thoroughly before you sign them, the labels have the right to do things like this if they own the rights to your music. It’s definitely shady and in an ethically grey area but it’s not illegal. There’s not as much $$ coming in for the labels so they are trying to make $$ however they can. Hopefully he can secure the rights from the label somehow and make a pressing to his liking. MOV represses are usually great sounding and look nice, a dilemma for an impatient fan, maybe.

5. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

This fucking sucks. I was so excited to see the re-press yesterday and now I've got this dilemma. What's really shitty is it sounds like Andrew has been trying for awhile to get the license and the label has been stonewalling him, but they didn't tell him they'd sold it to MOV. He didn't even know about this pressing until fans started asking him.

6. xburningcoffin

KC

Mars Volta had the same problem with Deloused and Amputechture, they still haven’t reissued the albums officially and it’s been years. Patience is required here.

7. marissalg Oct 23, 2018
    (Last edited: Oct 24, 2018)
    marissalg

Trusted

Ordered it yesterday :/ Trying to see if Bull Moose will cancel my order since it hasn’t been processed yet.

Edit: I contacted them and within a few hours they cancelled my order for me.

8. metallikunt

I'm in love with the ordinary

FUCK! I was really excited when I read the first bit! Been hoping he'd put out a ten year like he did for EIT, with the extra demos, tracks and stuff. I seriously want this on vinyl but I'm not supporting it if he isn't! Will go back to waiting on an Andrew release.

9. GageStillAlive

Still Alive Supply Co. Supporter

I have a first press still in the shrink wrap that my parents got me for Christmas in '08. I don't even have a turntable but they were so excited to see a band I liked pressed on vinyl at the time that they picked it up haha