Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Menzingers – “The Freaks” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

JRGComedy likes this.
  2. CMilliken

Trusted

I freaking love this band.

Butinsmallsteps, ECV, Collins and 3 others like this.
  3. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Great band is great. This and Toy Soldier are a nice progression from After the Party, but they could just write After the Party again and I don't think anyone would complain.

4. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I just started really getting into this band around the time ATP was released, do they generally release singles one-off like this often between albums or should we expect them to be gearing up for another full release soon?

5. jasonmerch

A couple of months ago someone on reddit said that Greg had mentioned at a show that they were planning on going into the studio in September/October to record a new album. I'd say that they're probably gearing up to release a new album sometime early next year if I were to guess. I'm going to see them on Sunday in Nashville so if I get any details I'll report back and share.

Butinsmallsteps and Sean Murphy like this.
  6. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I’d love a new album.

JimmyIymmiJ and Butinsmallsteps like this.
  7. I haven't connected with almost anything this band has done since Rented World, but I am digging this track more than I was expecting. That snare is gratingly loud the whole song but overall I was actually enjoying this track a lot!

8. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

I want more Tom and less Greg.

9. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I think there a nice balance when you have two guys who write songs and share vocals duties.

10. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

They sound too similar for me to really have any complaints about who’s singing.

11. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

I thought that at first, but Greg has definitely gotten a lot more... Greg-y as the years go on.

Kyle Max likes this.
  12. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

They don't sound that similar on ATP

13. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

I can’t tell them apart very well on ATP either. Someone have a song by song breakdown of who sings what?

14. Jake W

Lies: G
    Thieves: T
    Lookers: G
    MW States: G
    C’s Army: G
    House Fire: T
    Mass: G
    Boy B: T
    Catholics: G
    Wild Ys: G
    Bars: T
    ATP: G
    Livin’:G

fredwordsmith likes this.
  15. VanderlyleCrybaby

Regular Supporter

This song is awesome. So is Toy Soldier, this band is so great and seemingly getting better.

16. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

Greg warbles a little more and Tom is a bit rougher sounding

17. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Holy shit, I would have gotten half of these mixed up. I figured the same guy for sure sung Thieves, MW States, C's Army and House on Fire. Those all sound like near the same voice to me.

I realize we're not talking about a "Mark vs. Tom" level of difference, but that's surprising.

18. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

I got into them when OTIP came out and listened to it for 6 straight months not realizing there were two singers until I saw them live!

Jake W likes this.
  19. Jake W

On OTIP they sound REALLY similar.