Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

We the Kings Announce Holiday Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Worst-AOTY front runner

3. jorbjorb

7 rings

That's going to be bad.

4. Frank Lapidus

Regular Supporter

There is a part of me that sort of respects what they are doing. They have figured out a way to stay some what relevant and keep their music career from dying out by following the trends and doing whatever they can to keep the dream alive. Yes, it's by putting out shitty covers, holiday albums, and by trying to write whatever song would get the most play on radio - but it seems to me that they don't pretend to be something they aren't and have embraced it all. Or maybe I'm just too nice? :)

Larry David and SuNDaYSTaR like this.
  5. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

The last few cycles from these guys have been absolutely brutal

6. jackyjackyjack

Regular

More cheap, shallow, transparent, desperate songs. Last album was whack.

earthlight likes this.
  7. Zach

Trusted Supporter

I’d really like to see them release another good album, but I think that time has passed unfortunately. At least we’ll have their debut and a decent portion of Smile Kid

8. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

They have gotten worse and worse with every cycle really. It all started with that god awful Sunshine album.

9. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Yeah sunshine was bad. They had a b-side that wasn’t bad but the rest was just awful. It was called Summer I think?

10. jackyjackyjack

Regular

you're right - it really is telling that the best song on that whole album was the bonus track :\