Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Silverstein Announce New Tour Dates

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. benschuyler

Regular Prestigious

Tell me I'm crazy, but was Silverstein really bigger than Hawthorne Heights? Never really listened to eith of the bands, but always thought Hawthorne Heights were the screamo darlings of the day.

3. Mason

Regular

They were both really big back when they started but Silverstein is definitely more popular today. HH last album didn't do that great in sales.

On a side note, am I the only Silverstein fan who doesn't love this album? Its got some good songs, but their newer stuff is just so much better. Would much rather hear everything post this album.

4. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

You're not wrong; Hawthorne Heights had two gold albums (Silence & If Only You Were Lonely) while Silverstein's best charting is probably Discovering The Waterfront. As far as sustained success, Silverstein is probably the bigger draw these days considering HH regularly plays really small bars and venues when they tour.

5. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Yeah I don't enjoy this album too much these days. I'm there for the greatest hits set.

6. RazorCrusade

We make our own luck and we live with every defeat Supporter

It has an incredibly high nostalgia rating for me, but their newer stuff is undeniably better.

Mason likes this.
  7. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Yeah, I’m not a fan of this album, but I didn’t really get into Silverstein until Rescue. I’m definitely going for the greatest hits set, HH but most importantly for As Cities Burn. Always wanted to see them and have never had the opportunity.

parkerxcore likes this.
  8. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Same! I've always been a huge fan and somehow I've never seen them. Is the OG vocalist coming out?

9. dzyjay

Regular

Def back in the day Hawthorne heights was bigger but now Silverstein is wayyy bigger. Silverstein kept producing great music and stayed consistent while HH fell way off

10. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

People should get there early. Capstan is dope too.

11. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I think any Silverstein fan would tell you everything after WBIEF is better, but I’m excited to see some of those songs live again. It’s been years for me and some I haven’t seen at all. The re-recording I’d Smashed is a pretty good idea of what they’ll sound like for the album set if you still haven’t heard that.

12. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

Holy crap that is gonna be a long show - 3 openers, then 2 sets from the headliner? I'm over here trying to be in bed by 10:30.

Also, I'm so happy ACB are back.

13. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Love this album and the support for this tour. As someone who got into Silverstein after hearing DTW, I havent seen these songs live except Bleeds No More, Smashed Into Pieces and Giving Up.

Flying to So Cal for the Anaheim and LA shows in December and will be at the Portland show in January. The December shows will be the largest crowds I've ever seen them play in front of while Portland is the smallest venue they've played here in 15 years. All three should be fun in a different way.

14. thatwasamoment

Since '06

ill go for as cities burn.

15. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

They've been back for a while haven't they? I've seen them a few times over the past several years opening for different bands. What I find a bit odd is that they haven't released any new music since like 2009.