Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Liner Notes (October 12th, 2018)

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Bring on the weekend! We’re moving into “pumpkin-spice-everything” territory, and I’m getting excited to start watching some of my favorite Halloween movies, breaking out the festive beers, and making all kinds of warm foods in the ‘ol Crock Pot.

This week I rank albums from Andrew McMahon, give the first impression on the new Laura Jane Grace album, share a playlist of ten songs I loved this week, share what I’ve been working on behind-the-scenes, and go through my weekly media diet. Some outstanding albums out this week you shouldn’t sleep on. The supporter Q&A post can be found hereThis article is available exclusively to supporters of our website. Join now for as little as $3 per month and get access to exclusive content and a variety of perks. Plus, you'll be helping an independent publisher. Learn more here.

2. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

My exact feelings on Riverdale.

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. DandonTRJ

~~~ヾ(^∇^ Supporter

That nostalgia bit about LTTW being an airplane album suddenly reminded me of my old ritual when I was flying back and forth between LA and Pittsburgh for college -- I always had Anberlin's "Readyfuels" queued up on the descent to take us into the landing as I gazed out the window. Something about it felt very dramatic and invigorating, especially since I almost always landed at night.

Also, GOD do I miss Straylight Run. And TBS sometimes throwing Existentialism on Prom Night into their sets.

Kingjohn_654 and Jason Tate like this.
  4. Iamhollywood315

Regular

Damn you just made me think of some nostalgia. I have ingrained in my memory back in 2004 listening to the used in love and death on the drive from College in Vermont back home in Syracuse. All the pretty colors on the back roads every time I play that album I think of that drive and those days esp now I’m in Texas where their is no foliage/fall. Just hot as hell and less hot.

DandonTRJ likes this.