Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Details in Sexual Assault Allegation Against Ex-Sigur Rós Drummer

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Pitchfork:

In late September, Los Angeles-based artist Meagan Boyd wrote in a post on Instagram that Sigur Rós drummer Orri Páll Dýrason sexually assaulted her. Specifically, Boyd accused Dýrason of engaging in non-consensual sex with her while she slept, during a night they spent together five and a half years ago. On October 1, days after Boyd’s initial post, Sigur Rós announced that Dýrason had left the band as a result of the allegation. In a statement on Facebook, Dýrason wrote, “I will do anything in my power to get myself out of this nightmare, but out of respect for those actually suffering from sexual violence, I will not take that fight public.”

Pitchfork talked with both Boyd and Dýrason over the course of the past week.

2. notbrokejustbent

Ugh, disgusting. What an asshole. Hoping for the best for the woman involved and that she can move past it. I also hope he apologizes, but it doesn’t seem like he’s accepted that what he did was sexual assault. Gross. Kudos to her for being brave.

3. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

fuuck gross gross gross...... glad he's out of the band at least

"actually suffering from sexual violence" fuck you

SuNDaYSTaR likes this.