Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Architects – “Royal Beggars” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

kwilcox likes this.
  2. Freezon

Regular

This album is gonna rule. Love both the songs they’ve posted so far

3. defmytones

Regular

Fuck this is good. All hail Architects.

4. Mason

Regular

I need this album. I already know it will be on constant replay. #allabouttheblegh

5. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

All 3 songs on Apple Music are insane. Stupid good.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  6. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I've only listened to Hollow Crown, I'm gonna check this out after work but how different sounding are they from Hollow Crown

7. xthisislove

Regular

Perfect band

8. Mason

Regular

They sound very different IMO. Much more atmosphere and weight to the songs now plus some different vocal techniques. Id recommend listening to Daybreakers onward because all of their albums are incredible. I personally never could get into The Here and Now but I know a lot of people who loved that album as well.

oldjersey likes this.
  9. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

One of my friends is a huge Architects fan and he doesn’t like The Here and Now.
    I’ve never listened to it

10. xthisislove

Regular

The band absolutely hates the record and have said they wish they never made it. I quite enjoy its with the exception on ‘heartburn’

Analog Drummer likes this.
  11. The Here And Now absolutely shits over their 2012-onwards stuff and I'll die on that hill.

12. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

Its just... Architects. It's not bad - its really very good - but its nothing special.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind hearing them go full Underoath or BMTH and just become a rock band. I reckon they'd do some Thrice-level shit if they went down that road...

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  13. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

So this is going to be LFLT PT 3... Meh

14. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I still believe that people would have loved that album if it were released under a different band name

15. Sander

kflkmflkm

agreed

16. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

They're doing some stuff here that feels like a small push from the last two records which is good, but I could definitely understand people finding the band too same-y at this point.

Jake W likes this.
  17. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

I agree. I never liked it when it came out because I wanted Hollow Crown 2.0, but I've gone back to it since and it has some solid songs.

I still hate "Heartburn", though. That shit can still go die.

Jake W likes this.
  18. This is better than Hereafter but Daybreaker is still peak Architects for me, a perfect mix of Here and Now (which is also great) and their heavier side. Kinda bored of how similar all of their songs are at this point. Every time they embrace a little bit of melody in the heaviness and focus on hooks, their songs are so much better for it.