Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Saves The Day – “Kerouac & Cassady”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. currytheword

Trusted

Big ole YIKES from me.

mattylikesfilms and CSWAPPO like this.
  3. The Format

Regular

:thumbdown:

4. J.love

Regular

Ugh...

5. inagreendase

Is this "Shoulder to the Wheel" warped through a queasy In Reverie/Beatles filter?

6. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Oh man this is bad.....

7. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Not sure I'm listening to the same song as some of you. I only listened once, but really enjoyed it.

SEANoftheDEAD, solxace and j0hnnyrt like this.
  8. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Yeah, I think Chris' newer vocal style is hate it or love it. Very polarizing.

KidLightning likes this.
  9. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

That's been the case for the entire history of the band though, haha. I don't really notice anything that new about his vocal style, it's not too far outside any of his past vocal performances from what I hear.

10. ihaveblink

Regular

i hate "beatles" phases of bands. this is a nope for me.

11. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I feel like I belong to a giant demographic of people who started to hate the albums when under the lights and Daybreak started to roll in. It seems to be a pretty popular opinion. I feel like around the In Reverie/Sound The Alarm era something in his voice changed and it's funny because STA is my favorite STD album. So I don't know what it is man. I'm sure someone can articulate it a lot better than me haha.

KidLightning likes this.
  12. Story goes he had to change how he sang or he woulda ruined his vocal chords. Was doctor ordered before In Reverie.

Connor and oldjersey like this.
  13. Hasn't that been like STD since at least 2001? Heh. SWYA and IR and the self-titled album are all super Beatles influenced.

14. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

He also has a thing where his weight fluctuates tremendously, at least is used to. Idk how much that effects him.

15. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

I don't love it, but I like to see that they are experimenting and expanding still (not a weight joke).

16. xburningcoffin

KC

I guess I’m in the minority on this one, I really enjoy it. I’ve liked them more than I thought I would. They keep getting better with each listen.

SEANoftheDEAD and solxace like this.
  17. razorburn

Trusted

Not feeling this one.

18. bloodinthesand

Regular

I never thought I’d say this. This album is shaping up to be a huge turd

19. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I remember liking the first song they released. This song did nothing for me, but like most songs, maybe it will work better in the context of the record.

I remember seeing them when they toured Through Being Cool. This band has had a lot of phases.

20. This is 0/2 for me. Something about these songs just seems corny and half baked. I'll still scope the full release though.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  21. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Coming from a guy who hasn’t liked an STD song since In Reverie, I like both of the new tunes a lot.

22. valupac79

His voice sounds normal to me. Different but I liked it on first listen

23. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I'm seeing people say this is a "Beatles" phase. Not sure if we're listening to the same song. Dig it.

24. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

It’s not even how his voice sounds that makes this bad... It’s just not a good song. Lyrics are bad, music is boring/annoying repetitive, and everything about this seems half baked. I wasn’t the biggest fan of “Rendezvous” but this is much worse IMO.

My excitement for the album has faded quite a bit which sucks because I was not a fan of the S/T either but this is looking to be worse. At least there’s the rest of their discography to always listen to.

25. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

I like this song a lot, but I do agree the lyrics are a bit underwhelming. In defense of the music, this is much different than any Saves song to this point. It's straight up Black Keys-esque rock 'n roll and the bridge is amazing guitar and bass work. Compared to the rest of the songs in their discography, this one is definitely unique as far as styling.

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.