Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

‘Making a Murderer’ Returns in October

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

Bad Frequencies likes this.
  2. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

No thanks.

3. heymynameisjoe

when the days have no numbers Prestigious

my friend worked on it. lower your expectations.

4. SuNDaYSTaR Sep 25, 2018
    (Last edited: Sep 25, 2018)
    SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

I can't help but expect something that feels forced and rushed, considering that the first season took about a decade to shoot.

heymynameisjoe likes this.
  5. Mason

Regular

Really enjoyed the first season, didn't even know there was going to be a second one. Might check it out but I doubt it will be as good as the first season.

6. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Lol. Please elaborate

7. AutopilotYears

Regular

man clicking the link in the post was a trip... i thought it took me to this comments section and was confused as fuck until i realized it actually directs to the beginning of the thread started in 2016 lol.

heymynameisjoe likes this.
  8. heymynameisjoe

when the days have no numbers Prestigious

originally it was only supposed to be 4 or 5 episodes, sort of like an epilogue i think, but then they just kept adding stuff and adding stuff which ultimately became a full 10 episode season. apparently there's a lot of filler and it is not very good... at all.

9. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Looking forward to this, although I'm sure it won't be anywhere near as good as the first season.

10. delvec19

Trusted

Will watch for the YEAH's.

buckcheeks, Jonathan and bmir14 like this.
  11. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Jonathan likes this.
  12. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

13. transrebel59

Regular

I don't know why The Keepers wasn't as big of a success as this. Very well done, heartbreaking and the scariest thing on film in a long time.

Same with Shadow of Truth but I understand why that wasn't more successful.

Connor and TJ Wells like this.
  14. buckcheeks

Regular

What’s the Keepers about?

15. transrebel59

Regular

Nun
    A Catholic School teacher/nun is murdered and two former students decide to investigate. It's pretty insane.

Connor and buckcheeks like this.
  16. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

The Keepers was heartbreaking. As far as a more similar show, The Staircase was a lot more intriguing to me than Making A Murderer but this could be recency bias talking.

Not expecting anything groundbreaking with this new season, but I'll still watch.