Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Circa Survive May Not Play Shows for a While

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Anthony Green suggests Circa Survive may not play again for a while, so, you should go see their shows.

We put something out once a while ago but I hate it cause I was on heroin the whole show and I sounded like shit.Come see us on this next tour cause we might not play again for a while. You can make your own movie on your phone and we can live in an infinite loop together 4eva . https://t.co/vASwhwr0kW

— anthony green (@AnthonyGreen) September 21, 2018

2. The Format

Regular

What live set is he referencing?

3. Iamhollywood315

Regular

maybe more saosin shows?

4. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  5. bakin

He said this a few weeks ago:

currytheword likes this.
  6. There was a live set captured during the Violent Waves era. I think it’s called Live At The Shrine

7. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Ugh well maybe I'll try to go to this show after all.

SaveTheEarth likes this.
  8. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

He has been going non stop. I love the guy, but the new saosin/circa/solo stuff has all just been meh for me. I think some time away will do him some good.

slickdtc and Vase Full Of Rocks like this.
  9. currytheword

Trusted

Well deserved. I believe he's toured non-stop between acts for the better part of a decade now. 4 kids and sobriety should be a huge focus for him. He's cranked out so much good material I think people can take some time to delve into all of that.

10. maxracer

... i think there's still life in circa

Blowmybutthole likes this.
  11. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

I'm still mad at myself for missing that Juturna anniversary date.

currytheword likes this.
  12. sukottokairu

Regular

i imagine it will be a break for the whole of 2019 with a few one off dates here and there, and i predict that circa will be back in 2020 with a new album and tour

13. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

I actually loved that set, but obviously not to encourage he might have sounded alright, he's surely in a better headspace now. All the best to Anthony, I wish I could see them soon in Europe again, but also it's quite possible it's only good for him to slow down a bit.

He mentioned some new TSOAF music somewhere next year, too - I'm wondering if it's possible. That's probably a tourless effort, so...

14. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

no way there's gonna be new TSOAF...that'd be insane!!

slickdtc likes this.
  15. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

I agree, though I'm not getting my hopes up any highon that, cause Anthony have said that a few times already, and it's not only up to him, so we'll see.

16. thesollopsist

Pro Sleeper Prestigious

This is a bummer, right after their best album in years. I will desperately scramble to see them when/if they come to the UK ever again. But I hope AG and the rest of the guys are able to recharge fully and kick back

Bartek T. likes this.