Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

La Dispute Sign With Epitaph Records

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

La Dispute has signed with Epitaph Records. The full press release can be found below.

Today, Epitaph Records announce that La Dispute has joined the label roster. The band is currently working on new music for a yet to be announced album.
    Formed over a decade ago in Grand Rapids, Michigan, La Dispute has a firm passion for the concept of music and art as a medium for making new friends. As a result, La Dispute makes (or strives to make) music that is both artistically, technically, and emotionally engaging in hopes of establishing legitimate connections with any and all interested people, while encouraging dialogue between those people and themselves about things in life that truly matter and that truly last. La Dispute also carries a firm passion for the relevance of a live show, both for the bands involved and for the people in attendance, and will go to the grave believing that the environment created when strangers come together despite their differences to celebrate one important thing is invaluable and should not under any circumstances be taken for granted.

As previously announced, La Dispute will release a revamped 10-year anniversary edition of their
    breakthrough debut full-length Somewhere at the Bottom of the River Between Vega and Altair. Out November 9, 2018 via No Sleep Records, the release boasts re-amped guitars from the original recording files by Grammy-nominated recording vet Will Yip (Code Orange, Circa Survive, The Menzingers), a new mix by Dave Schiffman (Charlie XCX, Trash Talk, Thrice), and was re-mastered by Emily Lazar (Morrissey, Beck, Coldplay). The new version also comes with re-imagined artwork by Corey Purvis.

La Dispute is Jordan Dryer (vocals), Chad Sterenberg (guitar), Adam Vass (bass), Corey Stroffolino (guitar), and Brad Vander Lugt (drums). In their 14 years as a band, La Dispute has released three studio albums Somewhere at the Bottom of the River Between Vega and Altair (2008), Wildlife (2011), Rooms of the House (2014), and 11 EPs. Additionally, La Dispute released their documentary Tiny Dots including an accompanying sound track.

2. currytheword

Trusted

Excellent signing. Beyond pumped for a follow up to Rooms of the House.

BEsterley, FTank and Connor like this.
  3. Jehn LeRoy

So is there no more BTTR LVNG??

4. Buscemi knows best

You owe me a Sausage McMuffin

This record is one of my most anticipated in years. Bring on 2019.

Roadsgeek and currytheword like this.
  5. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

I honestly thought they were already on Epitaph.

Connor likes this.
  6. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

So ready for the next album

7. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

I’m into this signing!

8. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

Give it to me!!!

currytheword likes this.
  9. Pooch

Regular

I wonder if they can name more than one Epitaph bands

10. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

wat

currytheword, Albe and Connor like this.
  11. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Ah yes, their underground artists such as Alkaline Trio, Parkway Drive & The Menzingers...

12. Connor

Are you in jr high?

13. Pooch Sep 18, 2018
    (Last edited: Sep 18, 2018)
    Pooch

Regular

14. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Not sure how you referencing an obscure interview with 650 views and no one getting it a "woosh" moment :crylaugh:

That said that is pretty cringey, you would think they would have done their research on that. Also I should listen to thrice cause I should like them but I'd never actually gone in on them.

currytheword and Connor like this.
  15. Pooch

Regular

97% of those views are from the Thrice-Palms thread here

16. currytheword

Trusted

What is happening.

rxbandit89, Connor and coleslawed like this.
  17. Connor

18. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I mean it's a different band, so it's still not a Woosh moment. We don't read every single thread here do we aha?

Connor likes this.
  19. Pooch

Regular

20. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

Always preferred Touche Amore...

21. zachmacD Sep 18, 2018
    (Last edited: Sep 18, 2018)
    zachmacD

Trusted

Did Rooms not get a good response? I just got into these guys with that album and their tour sold out really fast here. After the tour though, it seemed like they just dropped off the earth

22. currytheword

Trusted

If rooms got a negative response then there is no hope for this world because that album is amazing.

BEsterley and Connor like this.
  23. zachmacD

Trusted

I agree. I just thought it was weird how much hype these guys had to just drop off the face of the earth

currytheword likes this.
  24. Connor

25. currytheword

Trusted

Hopefully to take their time to recoup and come back to the drawing board with something great.