Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

William Ryan Key Announces New EP; Streams New Song

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

3. Dog Fish

Mutt

yeaaa fuck summer. bring on fall.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  4. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Feels like it belongs with the first EP which is kinda cool. I was hoping for some faster paced YC sounding stuff, but you don’t end Yellowcard to make Yellowcard sounding. Ryan’s voice is still so enjoyable.

earthlight likes this.
  5. I'm not sure what it is exactly about the vocal production on these tracks, but it floats my boat.

6. jeff.dart

Regular

Those doubled vocal tracks.

His vocal melodies and guitar work remind me somewhat of jose Gonzalez, I dig it. I'll be looking forward to this one.

Anarchivist likes this.
  7. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Having your own recording studio and having been around Neal Avron for almost all the Yellowcard records probably provides WRK with an education of producing. Plus, it’s his voice, and he probably has a specific sound in mind. I always appreciated how Yc never messed around with the vocals too much on albums. Left some some for consistentcy in sound. Even this new stuff fits in...just in and acoustic sense.

8. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

His EPs have also been produced and engineering with Arun of Saves the Day.

9. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

That’s cool. Did Saves The Day ever Tour with YC? Hope they keep working together if this is the result. Still want some energized Ryan stuff too at some point.

10. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

I think just on Warped Tour. Arun, Ryan, and the guys in Bayside and NFG live in Nashville so I see posts of them all chillin. Would love to see some collabs.

11. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I didn’t realize all these guys had relocated (I knew Ryan had because of his studio). Collabs away boys. Go.

12. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

I kinda think the doubled/layered vocals are a little much here, but I do like them in general. I just wish his vocals would come "Forward" a bit, if that makes sense. I feel like the guitar/ambient sounds are much more crisp whereas his vocals just sound buried in the mix.

13. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

This track is simply gorgeous, and I enjoyed it more than anything on his first EP.

earthlight likes this.