Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hellogoodbye – “Close” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Kuri44

me like

3. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

Super cool

4. SundayDrive555

Newbie Supporter

This is a SOTY nominee for me.

5. tobytobes

Regular

As much as I dig some of the newer stuff, does anyone else miss old HelloGoodbye? Like, the super synth pop punk nonsense version? I do a lot, haha.

Brent likes this.
  6. Nope.

7. CampfireColorado

Regular

haha, i'm in that camp. glad to see they're doing well and releasing new music, but I miss the "shimmy shimmy quarter turn" days.

8. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I do only because they have been my favorite band since the first EP. But I would still prefer the stuff they’re making now, it’s great to see the progression.

9. No band made a bigger jump from unlistenable to incredible than this band with WIKY.

10. Kuri44

Idk if I miss it, but I do know that I still love it. Hellogoodbye has always been one of, if not, the best at what sound they decide to pull off. That EP and debut Album has some really interesting/ creative choices and are extremely catchy. I still play them as much as I do WIKY? And EID.

I do miss WIKY? Sound and think there were even some songs on there that sounded like a blend of their old sound mixed with new (You Sleep Alone).

Anywho, if anything, I’m bummed that we didn’t/wish we could’ve gotten one last record (08ish I would’ve assumed) where they could’ve explored their old sound a bit more.

11. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

I was definitely expecting a bottle of cologne to pop up at the end of that video.

12. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

this x100000

13. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

If anything I’ll say I miss their shows more from the EP Zander first LP days. The music now is significantly better though

14. Orville

I actually really enjoyed their debut, but with that said i think WIKY is easily their best and most timeless album, and my personal favorite. I think this album could give it a real run for it’s money and I personally wouldn’t have it any other way.

15. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I love old Hellogoodbye, I’m thankful that I can listen to it whenever I want, and I am thrilled with this new music.

Arry, Kuri44, Zilla and 1 other person like this.
  16. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

It’s been awesome watching Forrest grow throughout his career. I still think the EP is still super fun. I listen to Z!A!V!D! about as much as EID, which is pretty much never. But WIKY is awesome. Just unimpeachably great in every way.

Dan O'Neill, Arry and Kuri44 like this.
  17. midnightxtaylor

Regular

I'm not sure what I was expecting, but this wasn't it. It's better. Now I'm starting to struggle with the fact that I'm going to a different show the night they're in Portland.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  18. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

I liked “Mysterious You” a lot. This ain’t bad either.

19. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

YES. I tell my wife that WIKY is one of the greatest albums ever. She agrees but I tell her anyway, constantly.

Dan O'Neill and Jason Tate like this.
  20. Dan O'Neill

Regular

It really is. WIKY is outstanding.

21. The Format

Regular

I agree. I would also put Panic At The Disco's Pretty Odd into the same bucket. Couldn't get into the early stuff but Pretty Odd was a great jump forward.

Dan O'Neill likes this.