Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bayside – “Sick Sick Sick” (Acoustic)

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. The Format

Regular

I could never get in to Bayside when they were really hitting their stride but Cult is a great album.

This song is one of the few I enjoyed from albums before Cult.

3. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

Kinda funny because Cult was the first Bayside album I listened to and said no thanks. Killing Time was their peak. I miss the way they sounded there- the songs felt bigger. I liked Vacancy but never went back to it.

4. TDenverFan

Regular

Fantastic rendition. I like that they did more than just play the same exact chords and vocals acoustically.

Gnarly Charlie likes this.
  5. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

This is great. The Acoustic EP is one of my favorite albums of all time so I'm real excited for the followup.

MrAirplane likes this.
  6. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

this band does acoustic renditions so so so well

7. Johnnie Martinez

Amazing remake, happy to see the creativity is there when re-imagining their songs.

8. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

I enjoy that Anthony sings this song with the same emphasis and inflection on words and verses that he does when they perform it live.

9. kelseyleigh

Trusted Supporter

They do a great job with acoustic versions of their songs.

10. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Also reminds me that I don't go back to Anthony's solo music enough. I really liked that spell of solo music he and Vinne Caruana (each) put out a few years ago.

kelseyleigh and Gnarly Charlie like this.
  11. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

same. There's some good stuff in there. I remember the scene having a mini-meltdown because he had autotuned vocals in his last EP. lmao

kelseyleigh likes this.
  12. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

There were more electronic/digital elements in the music and vocal production than I expected, but I think it works pretty well and adds some variation.

Gnarly Charlie likes this.