Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 1975 to Debut Another New Song on Thursday

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. paythetab

Chorus.FM Album Reviewer (Adam Grundy) Supporter

Any day that we can get more from The 1975 is a good day

David Parke and GetUpAndrew like this.
  3. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Is TooTime still going to radio? Or will this one be getting pushed instead? So many questions!

4. duritzfan13

all we have is time

Gimme

5. Buscemi knows best

You owe me a Sausage McMuffin

I really need this one to deliver before I pre-order. Personally, haven't loved or felt the hype of the tracks released so far, compared to how jacked up I was for ILIWYS.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  6. moura

Regular

I feel similarly. I attribute that partially to the bait and switch of what this album was said to be (Music For Cars / 3rd album in the trilogy) to becoming an album of a separate two part thing? Still looking forward to it, though. There music takes time to grow on me and usually get into it more in a full album listen.

Buscemi knows best likes this.
  7. Buscemi knows best

You owe me a Sausage McMuffin

You are spot on with the last sentence. Will give the whole thing many listens for sure.

8. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

What a time to be alive

9. Iamhollywood315

Regular

Last song was garbage. Let’s hope it’s not some looped guitar bullshit

10. hienz4

The 1975 are my favorite band, but why do bands these days release so many singles before an album? Pretty sure this is the 4th single already. I am starting to prefer the surprise album releases like Eminem with Kamikaze. It takes away so much from the full album experience.

David Parke likes this.
  11. Because they know you’ll listen no matter what. They want the other listeners and new fans and people that aren’t sure things.

If you don’t listen you’ll still have the same experience. :shrug:

paythetab, moura and trevorshmevor like this.
  12. It’s gonna be similar man. That’s the album direction. (I think it’s shaping up to be their best yet.)

David Parke and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  13. Every song has been a banger. So stoked for this.

14. zachmacD

Trusted

I’m excited but I haven’t loved any of the songs released so far. I hope this turns out good. When they released somebody else, I listened to that song on repeat until the album dropped but none of these songs are having that effect

palebluedot and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  15. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

I can't fathom how someone can't like liiwmi. The other 2 tracks I'm not huge on, still excited.

16. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

'Give Yourself a Try' is the only one that hasn't figured with me so far but I don't hate it by any means. Excited for more!

17. currytheword

Trusted

I've been revisiting some old favorites of mine, and I am surprised at myself that I didn't catch it sooner. Give Yourself a Try musically is a complete rip off of Joy Division, except that Joy Division's lyrical content was better and they actually have changes in their chorus. I googled this to see if anybody else had taken notice and sure enough there's plenty of people not happy to find it. Has this just been totally ignored by the community here that thinks this band does no wrong?

Wish this album cycle was going different for me. Insane that I loved this band about a year ago and up until then for a while. Yet everything since i've not been fond of.