Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 Cancel Tour Dates

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Blink-182 have had to cancel their upcoming tour plans due to Travis Barker’s health. A message from the band can be read below.

pic.twitter.com/fZHqC7THLk

— blink-182 (@blink182) September 6, 2018

It is with a heavy heart to report that blink must cancel its fall mini tour which was set to kick off September 12th on their way to headline Riot Fest in Chicago. Medical issues have sidelined Travis per doctors' orders. Tray's medical team anticipated that he would be well enough by fall to tour but after recent checkups they were not able to clear him in time for the scheduled run of dates.

From Travis: "The past few months have just sucked as I have been sidelined just waiting for my doctors to clear me so I could get back on the road and perform with my band. Unfortunately, the risks associated with drumming are still too great. I am doing everything I need to do so I can get back on the road as soon as possible. I want to thank my fans, family, friends and bandmates for all the love and support." Tickets for the cancelled headline shows can be refunded at point of purchase.

Unfortunately, we will also be canceling The Surf Ranch Pros, World Surf League (WSL) kicking off Saturday, September 8th. Fortunately, Southern California punk rock icons Social Distortion will take over as the show's headliners.

With us now having to miss one of our favorite festivals, our friends in Weezer, Run the Jewels and Taking Back Sunday have now come on board as performers. We plan to be back headlining Riot Fest in 2019 in celebration of the Festival's 15th anniversary.

Thank you for your continued support and check blink182.com for updates.

Raku likes this.
  2. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Wow, I wonder if he's ever going to be 100%. It seems he keeps having setbacks

Raku likes this.
  3. serotonin

who told you this room exists? Supporter

Hope he recovers well. Explains the Riot Fest delay? I was curious if his health issues were going to extend to Riot Fest when they cancelled Summer dates.

RTJ tho.

4. AMC

Regular

I'm thinking eating meat would help him.

5. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I know Blink fans are bummed abotu them missing Riot, but I will gladly take 2 bands I've been wanting to see over a band I've seen play the same setlist across multipe tours.

Raku likes this.
  6. Zeke

Regular

Are you serious?

7. web250

I'll change this eventually Prestigious

Oh just shut up. I'm a huge meat eater but vegetarianism and veganism are both very healthy lifestyles in the modern world.

The only nutrient vegans will sometimes lack is B12 which is readily available in vitamin form.

Lanz, coleslawed, Dan O'Neill and 3 others like this.
  8. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Uh yeah. Travis eats cleaner than all of Chorus combined. He's gonna be fine.

9. crowntownguy

I think I'm growing into someone you can trust

Seriously, fuck off.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  10. razorburn

Trusted

Oh please. :sly:

11. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

....i eat meat and am unhealthy af.

Raku likes this.
  12. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Yeah this comment is ridiculous on so many levels.

13. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Okay everyone, let's just cool off, think that poster is only making a joke.

Hope T-Barks gets well soon. I was weary about buying tix for one of their Vegas shows after the last announcement in June because I know he's had so many setbacks, but def hopeful for a speedy recovery.

Lanz, Raku and Analog Drummer like this.
  14. Analog Drummer

Regular

Thank you. 2018. When people lost all humour.

Lanz, tommyboy182, Brent and 2 others like this.
  15. AMC

Regular

I'm sure along with plates of pasta, loafs of bread and bags of candy.

16. Iamhollywood315

Regular

JFC you guys get triggered! I know several people that had to stop being a vegan for health reasons. calm yourselves

Lanz, honkytonk, chilllll and 3 others like this.
  17. “Triggered” - oh shut up.

18. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

i swear, meat eaters are becoming more condescending and vocal than people who eat vegan

19. Eclipse

Regular

You gotta be funny for people to have a sense of humor about what you said.

atlas, bachna84, coleslawed and 2 others like this.
  20. Iamhollywood315

Regular

Does it really make you annoyed? On the bright side I did not use your “favorite” “s” word

Lanz likes this.
  21. Yeah, I think people that actually use that word seriously in 2018 are some of the dumbest people.

Arry and tyramail like this.
  22. AMC

Regular

That is true. I've read so many people getting sick being strict vegans.

Iamhollywood315 likes this.
  23. chilllll

Regular

lol this thread took an unexpected turn. one of the reasons why i read every single one!

Raku likes this.
  24. tommyboy182

Super Duper Ultra Newbie

lol @ this thread. Best troll

Lanz, Raku and jorbjorb like this.
  25. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

For what it's worth, I believe he started eating meat again after his plane crash, then went back to a vegetarian/vegan diet.

Lanz likes this.