Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dustin Kensrue Interviewed in Kerrang

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

A new interview with Dustin Kensrue of Thrice from Kerrang can be read on Press Reader:

“I’m actually working on a record with my brother while we’re on tour in the fall. We’ve been working on it at random times here and there, but it’ll be different from my solo stuff or Thrice. More indie-pop or electronic.”

2. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Hope it sounds like Kero Kero Bonito.

3. serotonin

who told you this room exists? Supporter

Ooh nice. I actually met Chase Kensrue when Eye Alaska was touring with The Dear Hunter in 2008. Both Chase and Casey were just making fun of Dustin the whole time in our conversation. (In a brotherly/friend way.) He seemed like a really nice dude though. Excited to hear the project.

4. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

His brother was in Eye Alaska, right? I remember loving a few of their songs.

Dustin's last solo album is my favorite project of his outside of Beggars. And, the more upbeat tracks from his worship material were great. Don't know what he means by "indie-pop or electronic," but I could see the Kensrue bros doing something really good in that general direction.

Chase Tremaine and coleslawed like this.
  5. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I was expecting some Eye Alaska Steff with an edge. Not unlike Thrice new song. Kinda right though. It’s really cool they are finally doing this. It also lets Dustin’s solo be a thing too. Love me some Dustin music.

6. defmytones

Regular

Give me an album of “Digital Sea” esque from Water Alchemy and I’ll be forever yours.

serotonin likes this.
  7. morken

Not everything means something, honey Supporter

Was just about to say this!

8. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

I stumbled upon Eye Alaska on my old mp3 player right this week! The song started, I knew it was something I really liked, but couldn't get across with its name. That will be cool to hear!