Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chorus TV: Real Friends

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Real Friends’ recent “$5 Tour” gave fans a unique opportunity to see this young and blossoming group in intimate environments they have long since outgrown. From skate parks to record stores, the band gave back to their supporters and local scenes across the country by performing at small venues with tickets priced at just five bucks. I filmed their stop at an oversold VFW hall in middle-of-nowhere Upton, Massachusetts. They mentioned several times how supportive our state has been since they first started touring, so it was no surprise to learn that we had one of the most rambunctious crowds of the tour. I hope you enjoy the highlights of the band performing “Late Nights in My Car” and “I Don’t Love You Anymore.”

Filmed by alexislegend.com on March 28th, 2016.

2. TDenverFan

Regular

Still not crazy about this bannd, but this was a neat tour idea

3. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

very cool. Looks like an awesome show. I've been to many concerts where im pushed up against the people around me, but never one where I was pushed up against the band members themselves, as they were performing lol

4. btr

Trusted Supporter

Best tour I've been to in a while, it felt like 2012 all over again. Between playing songs off of This Is Honesty, the tiny venues, and giving everyone download cards for their new album, it was a great opportunity.

5. blacktaxi2d

dude this sounds incredible

6. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Seems like it was an awesome tour. The editing of this video is weird though with half of it being footage of them in sync and the other half random shots of them performing that don't match the audio. Kind of jarring.

7. Eric

Regular

Yeah I thought that was a random, pointless thing. Kinda annoying actually

8. Eric

Regular

Did they just give everyone a download card for free?

9. CheapPop

Regular

Yup, handed them out as you would walk in.

Went to the Philly show at an indoor batting cage, and it was awesome. Great show, great crowd.

10. Eric

Regular

That's pretty damn cool! I saw some people posting about download cards and it sounded like that was the deal but I wasn't sure. A batting cage show sounds sick. I saw they also played in a wrestling ring somewhere haha

11. CMilliken

Trusted

Really cool idea for a tour.

12. joshuaharris

This would have been awesome to attend.

13. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Have you listened to it yet? Or is it not available yet? (I Know it doesn't come out until later this year)

14. CheapPop

Regular

Not available yet. The Card is for when it comes out. It's got a url to go to on the album release day, and you enter the code on the card to get a free digital download.

15. CheapPop

Regular

Yeah, the wrestling ring show was the show after mine. It looked nuts haha. But it was definitely one of the more interesting concert experiences I have had.

Eric likes this.