Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Inside the Album Podcast with Dashboard Confessional

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Jesse Cannon talks about the latest Dashboard Confessional album on the first episode of Atlantic Records’ “Inside the Album” podcast:

In this episode, we talk about the creative process fueling the new release, along with how they crafted a sound that both pleases old fans while updating for the new generation.

2. chilllll

Regular

if you are worrying about 'crafting a sound to please the old generation while updating for the new' then youre probably not doing music from the right perspective... imo...

wheres the passion?!

3. chilllll

Regular

one of the things i loved most is their authenticity from their first several records....

4. Jared Luttrell

Regular

I didn't really take anything from that about lacking passion or being a money grab. Chris is pretty genuine in everything he does and successful in his other ventures. He wouldn't do another D/C album if he didn't feel confident in the songs he had written. You have to keep in mind that some of those songs were written 15+ years ago. Chris was a different person back then and has grown as a song writer and person. it's natural to not create the same sound repetitively if that's not what he wants to do. I can agree with you that the older albums are my favorite but I appreciate any music from him.

5. Derek Wright

Regular Prestigious

I really enjoyed this listen, it was great to hear how he placed value on different aspects of his career and the heart behind it all.