Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

BTS Top the Charts

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

BTS have the number one album in the country this week:

The new album — the third in the South Korean boy band’s Love Yourself trilogy — arrives atop the list with 185,000 equivalent album units earned in the week ending Aug. 30 according to Nielsen Music. Of that sum, 141,000 were in traditional album sales.

2. I'm so happy for them. Unreal how Kpop has taken over the world this past decade. Hopefully it paves the way for more Kpop bands and artists to do World tours.

GoingInDry likes this.
  3. Analog Drummer

Regular

I wrote simply “who is BTS and how do they have 9 songs in the charts” and I was swarmed with frothers sending me their YouTube videos. Unusual breed they are

Brent likes this.
  4. Tides

@IMTides_

Super cool to see how big BTS has gotten in the last year or two, they really blew up. They all seem like pretty good guys too, very happy for them.

Also excited to see what happens in the future for both them and other K-Pop groups, although I wonder when/if another group will emulate the success BTS have had.

5. Loona? Red Velvet? I wish, but it seems more likely another boyband will get this kind of success. Girlbands don't seem to internationally do as well.

6. Tides

@IMTides_

I could maybe see LOONA, they have a pretty big international fanbase if Twitter is anything to go by, I guess it depends on the next few comebacks since, at least as someone who doesn't know any sub-unit/solo stuff, they're still a super new group to me. I think I'd be surprised to see Red Velvet do it though, they don't seem as hugely popular internationally as you would probably expect them to have to be to succeed in the west.

Maybe EXO? Pretty consistently good discography, pretty big fanbase, already doing well in 3 countries (I don't really know for sure but I assume they're doing well in China and Japan too), but, at least based on the fact none of their videos ever have English subs, maybe SM doesn't care much about the foreign fanbase? A pretty big leap to be fair, but I dunno, they're like the only company on Youtube (that I know of at least) with no English subs on their music videos/a version mirrored on 1theK who do the subbing for them. I guess this ties into RV too, since they're both SM.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  7. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Saw on Stubhub they’re playing in Dallas soon and the tickets just to get in we’re at least $685

8. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

9. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I love when bts shows up to American award shows and the fans are super loud and intense and confuse everyone lol. Sorry ur faves are bland and boring and don't inspire hysteria!!

10. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Uhhhh okay.

angrycandy likes this.
  11. pauldunions

Regular Supporter

There's only one BTS to me and that's Built To Spill

Brent and Chris1024 like this.
  12. Jared Luttrell

Regular

Really cool to see foreign music start to take off in America in the mainstream.

13. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Never been my cup of tea but good for them!

14. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

This is so awesome!!

15. GoingInDry

Hit a lick

You don't even need to like the music to respect how they bring it in their videos. These guys are talented beyond belief and can dance their tails off.

David- likes this.