Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fall Out Boy’s Reading and Leeds Set

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. TuneYouOut

Newbie Supporter

Really hoping they only played Beat It for the festival crowd. That needs to die and never return.

jackyjackyjack and TJ Wells like this.
  3. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

perfect timing to see this...........seeing them play live in about 2 hours, this just got me pumped!

4. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Pretty dope how after all these years and (sometimes questionable) genre changes they still close with Saturday and Pete's heinous screaming.

5. heymattrick

Sending my love

Pssst...Reading and Leeds are separate festivals. This is specifically from Reading Festival.

chilllll likes this.
  6. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

They sound so good here!!! Some good choices in that set too. Bummed I’m missing this tour!

7. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

I can't help but notice how bored out of his mind Andy looks in half of these songs.

carlosonthedrums likes this.
  8. heymattrick

Sending my love

I feel like Andy has always looked that way. Joe, however, used to always be really animated and energetic on stage but I've noticed how bored *he* looks on stage the last couple years

BornToRun and Mick like this.
  9. Mick

FKA tell that mick Prestigious

Andy usually looks pretty bored, though

I agree with this.

SuNDaYSTaR and heymattrick like this.
  10. DisloyalOrder

Trusted Prestigious

He’s been like this since he had back surgery

Jason Tate likes this.
  11. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

When I saw them a few years ago Pete looked really bored lol idk maybe they just have resting bored face? And exhaustion/tiredness can give that look. They have enough money for a lifetime so I'm sure if they're that bored they'd just leave the band tbh

12. AutopilotYears

Regular

quite the stage production and they sound pretty good... hard to comprehend how far they've come in all these years. pretty far cry from the days we saw them in 800 cap clubs during the TTTYG days haha.

a lot of these newer songs sound way better when you can actually hear guitar, wish they were more like that on the albums.

13. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Lol for everyone saying this band has "no guitar anymore oh em gee" Joe was doing a ton of cool shit on guitar, especially in the newer songs

14. artbynickferran

nickferran.com

Not down for Pete's hair, but down for pretty much everything else here. A pretty good setlist considering how much older stuff there is here, and Patrick sounds good. Curious to see if they pull out Lake Effect Kid once they come home to Chicago.

15. gbuffers

England.

Tom, Joe AND Andy looked like they didn’t want to be there?!

16. Tata Toothy

Regular

They’ve been playing it on the mania tour. Not at every show but it still appears a decent amount still. That songs not dying.

17. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

You figure they've been playing for what...almost 20 years at this point?

I get bored at my job after like 3 months lol.

18. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

They did not play beat it last night but added lake effect kid to the set so that was a welcome addition

19. Tata Toothy

Regular

Exactly. Also they’re human, we all have bad days when our heads and minds just aren’t in it.

I can’t imagine the traveling these guys do. It’s not all fun on the road.

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  20. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Spot on.

Plus with all of the spinning and bouncing around they used to do, I'm sure some of those aches and pains caught up to them.

21. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

Pete screaming and running around was cringeworthy at worst, laughable at best.

22. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

lol has patrick always enunciated saturday as 'sat-urrrrr-day'?

23. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Lol his weird enunciation is so #iconic

IT'S IRRESISTINNNNNBLLLLE

Arry and heymattrick like this.
  24. helloiamzach

Regular

This is the Reading date of the festival, which is for the best. They had some pretty major sound issues throughout the majority of the Leeds date. Ruined the set massively.

25. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Oh really? That's such a shame! I was at Reading at it was fantastic. I've seen them load of times and I was still impressed. Was the sound that bad?